Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
For those who reached goal weight...

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: For those who reached goal weight...  (Read 5043 times)

Mazzy_Star

For those who reached goal weight...
« on: May 24, 2012, 06:45:20 PM »

I know the book says you will pretty much have to take the oil for the rest of your life once you reach goal weight in order to stay in maintenance and not regain the weight... albeit at a lower dosage and possibly skipping days...

However, I'm curious to know if this is the case for everyone who's reached goal.  Has anyone at all been successful coming off the oil completely and just sticking to i.e calorie restriction and reduced portions and maintained their goal weight and not regained over the long-haul? 

Thanks!

weston18

Re: For those who reached goal weight...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 08:34:12 AM »

I know the book says you will pretty much have to take the oil for the rest of your life once you reach goal weight in order to stay in maintenance and not regain the weight... albeit at a lower dosage and possibly skipping days...

However, I'm curious to know if this is the case for everyone who's reached goal.  Has anyone at all been successful coming off the oil completely and just sticking to i.e calorie restriction and reduced portions and maintained their goal weight and not regained over the long-haul? 

Thanks!

Mazzy

I know that it is not what you're looking for, but I have to respond as an abject lesson in remaining on the oil.

I used to post under the name of Weston. My last post was when I had lost 70 pounds and was about to hit my goal weight. If you wish to, you can read it here

http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=4319.msg41737#msg41737

I went off the oil a couple of months after that posting. I'm back on it because over the past 5 years I have regained about 45 of the pounds that I lost.

The good news is that in the past 2 1/2 weeks of being back on Shangri La, I've lost 5 1/2 lbs.

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 02:58:45 AM »

You can do the diet forever by noseclipping butter and/or flaxseed oil, both healthy fats. It isn't hard.

August

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 01:50:19 PM »

I did not have to keep taking the oil.  As I did SLD, I migrated to a low carbohydrate paleo diet.  There have been some variation in the carbohydrates over the past two years or so, but my weight has always stayed in the 170s.  My suspicion is that if you want to eat processed food, you are going to have to take the oil because you are going to need a strong way to break the flavor/calorie association that your body forms.  Since the flavor/calorie association is weaker in natural foods (both the flavor and the calorie/nutrition load change meal to meal- even with the same foods), if you eat real food you probably won't need to take the SLD dose forever.

euripides

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 08:30:23 PM »

The Problem: Having a goal weight provided a focus and direction for all the mental and physical energy that you put into this project

This daltonhartman2 user looks like a spambot. Googling for the above string gets several hits. It's probably been used to SEO-game the "recipes" links in the .sig. Looks like a newly created account (as opposed to an existing account that's been cracked). Probably best just to nuke it completely.
Start (March 7 2013): 292.8lbs
Target - Phase 1: 275lbs
Target - Overall : 160lbs

bigbaddar

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 06:53:28 AM »

Have surpassed my original goal of getting down to 200 lbs.  Been doing SLD off & on since 2006.  Seem to go through phases where I dose properly and then fade off for awhile and then start back up again.  Have definitely broken the flavor association to Pepsi.  Don't drink soda at all nor do I miss it.  No longer want munchies i.e. chips, pretzels, doritos, etc.  Still like nacho chips but can't stand the cheese. Don't crave donuts, cake, or any other pastries although I still eat that stuff once in a blue moon.  Eating much healthier these days.

As a recap, started at 235 lbs and am at 192.2 this morning. 

Reached my original goal of 200 lbs from 235....Onto a 2nd goal of 185!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18