Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Is it possible to do only the oils?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it possible to do only the oils?  (Read 4211 times)

Mazzy_Star

Is it possible to do only the oils?
« on: May 24, 2012, 01:39:51 AM »

Is it possible to do SLD and reach goal using only ELOO (or other flavorless oil).. and NOT doing the other extra-credit methods such as nose-clipping, crazy-spicing, eating flavorless food, eating one food at a time, etc.?  Has anyone been successful using only the flavorless oil to reach their goal weight? (Or is it pretty much a "must" that you will need to incorporate the extra-credit methods?)

If you were successful using only the oil, how much weight did you lose to reach goal?  I have about 100 lbs to lose. 

I'm wondering if it's at all possible.  Thanks much!!!

numpty01

• Global Moderator
Re: Is it possible to do only the oils?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 02:58:56 AM »

Hi,

I noseclip my ELOO out of habit, partly because I had a noseclip when I started and partly because this routine allows me to try other oils when I want to.

The rest of the time I eat a calorie restricted diet, but not any of the other extra-credit methods you mention.

In the 17 months using the method I have lost about 70 pounds (so far).

Cheers

N.

weston18

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2012, 08:40:20 AM »

Is it possible to do SLD and reach goal using only ELOO (or other flavorless oil).. and NOT doing the other extra-credit methods such as nose-clipping, crazy-spicing, eating flavorless food, eating one food at a time, etc.?  Has anyone been successful using only the flavorless oil to reach their goal weight? (Or is it pretty much a "must" that you will need to incorporate the extra-credit methods?)

If you were successful using only the oil, how much weight did you lose to reach goal?  I have about 100 lbs to lose. 

I'm wondering if it's at all possible.  Thanks much!!!
Mazzy

I roll old school (as the hip hop generation would say)

I've never used anything other than ELOO and never nose clipped. Well actually I tried canola oil and sugar water and found that ELOO seemed to work better for me for unknown reasons. Tried nose clipping. It caused a painful popping in my Eustachian tubes so I stopped that after 2 tries.

I lost slightly more than 70 pounds.

Nufftin

• A work in progress
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2012, 09:47:12 AM »

The nose-clipping, as I see it, it different from the rest of the things you mention.

IMHO, not smelling/tasting the oil is a sine qua non of the SLD. I don't hold my nose, but have learned to close off my nasal passages while imbibing, which prevents me from smelling the oil.

I do the oil and sugar water, and am presently losing about a 1.4 pounds a week (have lost 24 lbs over 4 mos. on the way to losing 50).

Conquering myself until/I see another hurdle approaching
Say we can, say we will/Not just another drop in the ocean.

toadkid

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 12:03:16 AM »

Is it possible to do SLD and reach goal using only ELOO (or other flavorless oil).. and NOT doing the other extra-credit methods such as nose-clipping, crazy-spicing, eating flavorless food, eating one food at a time, etc.?
I only do the oil and I've lost 80 pounds so far.

Started 8 Oct 2010. First goal: lose 80 pounds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18