Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
THIS WORKS FOR ME!!!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: THIS WORKS FOR ME!!!  (Read 3613 times)

truckdriver2031

THIS WORKS FOR ME!!!
« on: April 27, 2012, 01:34:17 PM »

I first read about Seth Roberts in Freakanomics.  Then I bought the book on Amazon for my Kindle. I am 59 years old.  I weighed about 255 lbs.  I have been at that weight for at least 10 years.  I could pretty much eat whatever I wanted and stay at that weight but even thinking about trying to lose weight made me hungry.  The idea of a set point made sense to me.  I drank a lot of sweet tea and Gatorade, etc.  The idea of drinking water just didn't work for me. 
I have been on the SLD for approximately 2 months or a little more.  My weight this morning was 229.0.  I feel like I could do this forever. 
I have no problem drinking the oil.  I use canola oil and walnut oil.  I have tried flaxseed a little bit (it tastes terrible).
I only drink water now.  I was able just to stop drinking sweet tea.  Amazing.
I have been eating oatmeal almost everyday.  Different versions:  hot, cold, etc.  No problem. Chilled oatmeal is amazing.  I love it
I eat a lot of cottage cheese.  Started mixing with tomatoes.  Really liked that.  Now I mix with different salsas.  Delicious. 
I eat fruit.  Grapefruit, grapes, apples, strawberries.  Dried fruit in chilled oatmeal.
I am totally amazed at how little food my body can survive on.
I know I still want to eat but I can just decide not to.  Sort of amazing to me.  I seem to be enjoying what I do eat a lot more.  I think I am eating slower than I ever did before.
To lose weight I have to pretty much not eat for a day except the oil.  So I basically try to hardly eat for a couple of days a week.  The other days I don't eat much but I pretty much just maintain.
Those are my basic observations so far.  I think I could still lose another 10 pounds pretty easily.  We'll see. 
As I said, it works for me.
Today is May 31.  I am at 217.  I hit 215 last weekend.  Lots of people are noticing.  I bought some size 38 jeans.  Down from size 42.  Not really trying that hard.  Sort of just maintaining.  My wife says I have lost enough.  Still a lot of fat around the belly.  I think I could lose 10 or 15 more pounds.  I feel pretty confident that I could stay at this weight.  If I have a day where I eat out or eat more then I just eat less the next day or so. 
Still pretty amazing.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 03:00:32 PM by truckdriver2031 »

Sanchiaza

Re: THIS WORKS FOR ME!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 09:39:41 AM »

Good for you   :) Hopefully you'll keep us posted with your progress  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18