Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
It worked before, but it's not working now. Any ideas?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It worked before, but it's not working now. Any ideas?  (Read 4329 times)

playblu

It worked before, but it's not working now. Any ideas?
« on: March 02, 2012, 08:53:25 AM »

Hello.

I had some success with the Shangri-La diet in the past, but this time I tried it and it's not working for me. Here's the details:

I heard about the diet and bought the book in May 2009. I'm 5' 9" and at the time weighed 191 pounds. I would drink half a bathroom cup of extra-light olive oil right before I left work in the afternoon for my hour-long drive home, which made it easier to not have anything in that two-hour window.

Over the next nine weeks of following the diet, I lost 10.6 pounds in a steady progression. I had a good feeling of appetite suppression and minimal trouble with the oil. However, I had a nasty case of stomach flu (or something) that last week, so I had to stop the diet for a while; it was hard keeping anything down for several days.

From July 2009 to January 2010, I stayed off the diet ("Christmas is coming, I'll diet later"); my weight went up slightly from 180.4 to 183.4.

I started on the diet again in January 2010 and stayed on it through August. It worked again; I lost 13.2 pounds. Then I had a kidney stone. Again, being ill for a while (with something that makes one want to throw up) made it impossible to stay on the diet, and I stayed off it for a while.

From August 2010 to December 2011, my weight inched back up from 170.2 to 181.6, when I decided to try the diet again.

This time, though, I'm not getting any appetite suppression. I still want to snack during the day and before bed. I still eat full portions at dinner because I'm hungry. My weight went up two pounds in the twelve weeks I stayed on the diet this third time.

I've had to do some traveling for work, and I've added a part-time job teaching for the next few weeks, which makes it very difficult to fit oil into my schedule on certain days of the week. Since I hadn't felt any benefits this time around, I've stopped the diet for a couple of weeks (I was out of oil, too).

I need to regroup, and either figure out a new way to take my oil on the days I teach or wait until this semester's over. But the bigger question is, what am I doing wrong this time around? Why isn't it working?

I'm taking 1.5 oz of oil (again, a bathroom paper cup filled halfway) once a day, pinching my nose shut (and holding it that way for a few minutes). I'm not eating or tasting anything for an hour before and after. My appetite suppression seems to last about halfway into dinner but it's gone by that night.

Any ideas?

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
Re: It worked before, but it's not working now. Any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 11:43:34 AM »

Hmm, that's puzzling. I've never heard anything like it. You might try a different oil. I would suggest trying flaxseed oil for a few months -- drink it with your nose held shut.

tinka

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 05:47:14 PM »

Same thing happened to me.  You can read about it if you'd like - http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=8018.0.  It's been so long since I was on it, I'm wondering if my brain has somehow forgotten the resistance it built up (my theory anyway) and will reward me with awesome AS again.  I'm going to do a little more research on SLD resistance before starting up again. 

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 03:49:26 AM »

I had a different variation of this happen to me i.e. the effect tailed off over time. I don't know why, but my body is a lot different than when I started - I wouldn't be surprised if this means it reacts differently.

In my own case I had almost if not completely cut out bread and potato and upped the amount of protein, I think this is the reason that I subsequently found a larger amount of oil to work than that I started with.

If you want to stick with oil and can find a regular time slot to fit it in then I would basically start again like Seth suggests and try and establish what works for you now - it might be a different kind of oil, it might be less, it might be more. Each time you change something stick with it for enough time to measure results. I'm in the middle of such a cycle at the moment!

N.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18