sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

I have tried SLD for a week, and for the first time in about 15 years i am not hungry at the end of the day.  What a gift! -- kathy

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Taking oil in capsules?  (Read 1080 times)

mamateach

Taking oil in capsules?
« on: September 18, 2011, 01:30:16 pm »

I am new to the SLD and a physician friend recommended this to me.  She said she has done it herself and recommended it to patients, but that she and they take the oil through capsules.  I am confused as to how to calculate the amount of oil to take that way.  I know it is based on weight, and I have purchased flaxseed capsules that are only 15 calories per capsule, so where do I go from there?  Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!  Cynthia ???

karky

• Life is Good!
Re: Taking oil in capsules?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 01:54:44 pm »

There are 120 calories in a TBS of oil, so you would need to take 8 capsules for every TBS you need.  If you need to take 3TBS of oil a day, you would need 24 capsules.

My flax capsules vary in calories, so that would be something to keep an eye on.  Sometimes the ones I get have 10 calories, sometimes 12 calories.

Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

mamateach

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 06:51:56 pm »

Thank you so much, Karky!  I really appreciate your help with this.  Mine say they have 15 calories each so I guess I don't have to take quite as many as 24.  I have been taking 12 daily for the last 2 days (I have just started) and I have definitely noticed a decrease of appetite and an increase sense of well being but so far the most dramatic result I have experienced have been a tremendous decrease in my arthritis pain.  My doctor friend said it would help my arthritis, but I did not expect anything this dramatically positive, so I am thrilled!  I guess I will try to up the dosage to get more positive help for weight loss as well.  Again, thank you so much for your most helpful advice.  Do you take your oil in capsules too? 

soooz

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 09:24:27 am »

Ooh now I never thought of that possibility!  I may give that a go - thanks for the idea!  :)

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 06:15:10 am »

I generally slug my oil back straight, but take around 5-6 flax caps along with my dose.
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18