Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Hi everyone

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 4175 times)

Jess2011

Hi everyone
« on: September 10, 2011, 04:58:33 PM »

Nice to meet you all. I've been lurking for a while and testing out the diet (started this week) and decided to register. I'll start a "my SLD" page, too.

Lots of good advice here on the board!

-Jess2011

Jess2011

Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 08:26:28 PM »

I should really search for this before asking, but I'll ask anyway: Has anyone become very thirsty while doing this? I normally sip water throughout the day (I dehydrate rather easily), but for the past week I've wanted more water all day long. I'm not chugging gallons every minute, just constantly sipping, refilling glass, sipping again.... Previous to this I could go a couple of hours without drinking water before refilling my glass.....  ???

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 07:25:38 AM »

Water ? Yes - I normally take the effort to drink 2 litres a day but have days when I get up to 4. I'm not sure if it is the oil, the extra protein or other aspects of it. Great that your sense of thirst is developed enough.

N.

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 02:14:04 PM »

I became thirsty for tea. I started drinking lots of tea and never stopped. I have always explained this to myself by saying that tea supplied smell that I was no longer getting from some of my food (the food I eat noseclipped, the sugar water, etc.) but maybe the water is also important.

Jess2011

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 10:19:45 AM »

Thanks for the replies. I finally searched and found many people also getting really thirsty. I haven't started noseclipping food yet, but if I start craving tea once I do, I'll post about it. That would be an interesting twist.  :)

bleeding

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 04:32:19 PM »

I should really search for this before asking, but I'll ask anyway: Has anyone become very thirsty while doing this?

Neither nose clipping nor crazy spicing made me more thirsty.

I nose clipped for 6 months with all my food, BUT the stronger-smelling homemade food probably got associated because the odor lingers in the apartment.   Probably 1/3rd of my calories were fully nose clipped.

and I started crazy spicing just a week ago

Brenda324

• My SLD Page on This Forum w/ My Tracking Info
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 04:08:51 PM »

Hi Jess,

And Welcome.

I've also been prone to getting easily dehydrated. Not sure why, maybe because I've always salted my food a lot? Anyway, it got worse after starting SLD and trying to eat my food bland (not season it). It got noticeably worse. So I began lightly salting my food again. Then I seemed to be retaining water too much. I tried eliminating my tea-drinking (because the caffeine is a diuretic) and stopped salting my food again and everything was fine. I seem to not be retaining too much water, and not getting dehydrated. I guess I'll continue this way.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18