Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
does food reward suggest any modifications to crazy spicing?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: does food reward suggest any modifications to crazy spicing?  (Read 3562 times)

bleeding

does food reward suggest any modifications to crazy spicing?
« on: September 04, 2011, 09:18:05 PM »

Stephan Guyenet has some informative posts on the food reward as it relates to setpoint.

Does that information suggest clues to anyone here on how to make crazy spicing better / easier / more effective?

Some spices could be very rewarding for some people, for example, and would undo or reverse the effects of some of the other spices.   

For those who've eaten a lot of baklava in the past any spice that reminds of butter might have this effect.

So for example we could compile a list of spices that prove problematic for some. 

shovelqueen

Re: does food reward suggest any modifications to crazy spicing?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 05:00:50 AM »

I adore cinnamon and it generally leads to overeating of something very sweet.  I have less experience with it as a non-sweet taste, such as on African or other "exotically" spiced main entrees.  But I would consider it a problem - certainly not helpful in trying to reduce setpoint. 

"Strength, balance, joy!"

Brenda324

• My SLD Page on This Forum w/ My Tracking Info
Re: does food reward suggest any modifications to crazy spicing?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 05:11:57 AM »

I don't think I have an issue with any herbs/spices. I have enjoyed many of them in my cooking. But hmmm, have never paid attention to whether they lead to any kind of imbalance. I don't think so but now I will pay attention to see if I notice any patterns.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18