Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
New Member of 4 week club. When do I learn the secret handshake?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Member of 4 week club. When do I learn the secret handshake?  (Read 19267 times)

Weston

4 weeks in.

Down 13 pounds

Gregg

Re: New Member of 4 week club. When do I learn the secret handshake?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 10:27:32 AM »

Congrats.
I hit four weeks yesterday at 7 pound loss.

Gregg
http://weighbackmachine.blogspot.com

Ronnie

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 03:10:41 PM »

Nice one Weston.  That's impressive.  And...a little motivating for me.  I've been totally and completely inconsistent with the oil/sw and my eating for the last few weeks.  After some pressing duties in the next couple of days, I'm going to fget back at some consistency.  At least I'm not gaining...

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 09:28:45 PM »

Excellent! Welcome.

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 08:15:43 AM »

Congrats.
I hit four weeks yesterday at 7 pound loss.

Gregg
http://weighbackmachine.blogspot.com

Congrats from me too.

barleyblair

• Teaching the old dog some new tricks.
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 02:36:43 PM »

Congratulations from me too, and thanks for bringing up the secret handshake.  My husband's grandfather was a Mason, and googling "secret handshake" made me realize for the first time that it was (perhaps is?) a real handshake, not a metaphor.

Perhaps if we of Shangri-La need a secret handshake it should be a high four -- that's a high five that has lost some weight.
xxx, barley blair

imsovain

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 03:22:00 PM »

For a secret handshake, I suggest a rat-like squeaking sound emitted while raising your front paws and moving your lips and jaws while the rest of your head stays motionless.  This handshake would be done in honor of the rat studies that were some of the inspiration of the diet.   :D

Weston

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 10:18:34 AM »

Just completed week 5. Down 2 more lbs. for a grand total of 15 pounds.

Still haven't figured out the secret handshake.

HOWEVER, I did have a pleasant  morning in Court (no I'm not a defendant I'm a lawyer). An old friend of mine who is now a judge hasn't seen me for about three  months.

When I appeared in front of him today for a hearing, upon seeing me he immediately tagged me with the nickname "Slim" and referred to me in court several times by that name instead of by my real name.

He's being more than generous since I'm still far from slim, but I may spend the money to order a transcript of the hearing just to have  as a trophy. The first recorded appearance of "Slim for the Defense"

Have a great weekend everybody.

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 02:13:33 PM »

When I appeared in front of him today for a hearing, upon seeing me he immediately tagged me with the nickname "Slim" and referred to me in court several times by that name instead of by my real name.

He's being more than generous since I'm still far from slim, but I may spend the money to order a transcript of the hearing just to have as a trophy. The first recorded appearance of "Slim for the Defense"

What a great NSV!

Stephen M (Ethesis)

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 06:10:43 PM »

Just completed week 5. Down 2 more lbs. for a grand total of 15 pounds.

Still haven't figured out the secret handshake.

HOWEVER, I did have a pleasant  morning in Court (no I'm not a defendant I'm a lawyer). An old friend of mine who is now a judge hasn't seen me for about three  months.

He's being more than generous since I'm still far from slim, but I may spend the money to order a transcript of the hearing just to have  as a trophy. The first recorded appearance of "Slim for the Defense"

Have a great weekend everybody.

Neat.

My latest hearing the Judge denied my motion, but we stayed after to discuss the diet. ;)

It was the right ruling, all in all, though he was clear with everyone that as soon as it was not premature it was likely to be granted.

Weston

Weston Week 7 down 18 lbs.
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 09:28:08 AM »

A gorgeous 3 lb. drop this week which is good because last week I was away on a business trip and didn't lose an ounce.

Got a little bummed earlier this week when I went onto one of those BMI tools on the net and discovered that after losing 36 lbs over the past 8 months (18 lbs pre SLD and 18 lbs on SLD) I still have to drop another 10 lbs or so to no longer be obese and merely overweight.  My weigh in this morning really perked me up.

frenata

• mustela frenata
Re: Weston Week 7 down 18 lbs.
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2006, 09:35:35 AM »

Got a little bummed earlier this week when I went onto one of those BMI tools on the net and discovered that after losing 36 lbs over the past 8 months (18 lbs pre SLD and 18 lbs on SLD) I still have to drop another 10 lbs or so to no longer be obese and merely overweight. 

Omigod, I'm glad you said that, Weston. I just googled "bmi calculator" and followed the first link. Guess what? I'm not obese any more! I'm merely fat!!!

Lalalalala! I'm FAT! Hahahahaha! Hooray for me!
Running weight tally:

Weston

Re: Weston Week 9 down 20 lbs.
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 11:06:42 AM »

Dropped 2 more pounds over the last 2 weeks. I'm pretty impressed particularly since I spent 4 of those days on a cruise ship.

One of our friends who went with us went to diet doctor and is taking medication. She looks great but she mentioned a couple of times that she has to take her pills at least one hour before eating and all I could think of was that I hoped that this doctor wasn't charging her hundreds of dollars for capsules filled with ELOO   :D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 10:26:07 AM by Weston »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18