Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
The Science behind Whooshes?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Science behind Whooshes?  (Read 6953 times)

shovelqueen

The Science behind Whooshes?
« on: July 14, 2011, 03:34:35 PM »

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html

Maybe helps to explain whooshes.  Was pointed out on another forum.  What do you think?  Reasonable?

"Strength, balance, joy!"

Sanchiaza

Re: The Science behind Whooshes?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 02:45:20 AM »

Interesting and certainly sounds plausible.

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 05:01:27 AM »

yeah, it does sound reasonable.

Jess2011

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 12:38:27 PM »

This could (kind of) explain the thirstiness a lot of us have experienced.

One comment on that page mentions retaining water when you're dehydrated, and I know from experience this is true. I will retain a lot of water, regardless of temperature, time of the month, etc., if I get dehydrated for more than a day. I get rid of the water retention by drinking lots of water.

I wonder if what's happening (keep in mind I'm not a real scientist and I'm pretty much guessing) is the water retention from filling the fat cells sets off a dehydration-like response, where your body misinterprets the fat loss as a type of water loss, somehow, or maybe the water moving into the fat cells depletes other parts of water, setting off a thirst signal. We end up drinking lots of water to satisfy the thirst signal, the body realizes lots of water is coming in either to replace the lost water from the depleted areas or to cover the "fake" water/fat confusion, lets go of the retained water in the cells, and we have a "whoosh" of weight loss.

It could explain Karky's observations about how she has a noticeable loss each time she gets really thirsty and drinks a lot of water.

Brenda324

• My SLD Page on This Forum w/ My Tracking Info
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 03:57:54 PM »

I hope that's true Jess, because I'm very unusually thirsty today.

I was initially having problems with dehydration, but since I gave up salting my food (in general) and stopped drinking green & black teas, the issue went away. Now today I'm thirsty, but it's doesn't feel like such an intense dehydration like I was having for a couple weeks after starting SLD. I've also had dehydration challenges pre-SLD from time to time.

fbnops

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 04:43:41 AM »

I'm glad someone has written about the phenomena, I certainly experienced it. My knee-jerk reaction is that if adipose tissue sometimes held fat and other times held only water, it would be a well-known phenomena as it seems a laboratory would be able to determine that fairly easily. Surely if it were seen in laboratories it would have provoked more interest.

It does make good sense though that "wooshes" might have something to do with water retention. Maybe in the blood?

abs999

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 02:03:44 AM »

WHOOSH!® Does not contain: Alcohol, Acids, Silicone, Ammonia, Chlorine, Glycol Ethers, Harmful Detergents, Petroleum Distillates, Phosphates, VOC’s (Volatile Organic Compounds). WHOOSH!® is odorless, streak free, anti-static, and water-based.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18