Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
benefiber?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: benefiber?  (Read 5675 times)

erin.c

benefiber?
« on: June 28, 2011, 10:53:39 AM »

Hey guys, I'm just starting out on shangri-la.
I can't handle the sugar either, tried that yesterday but couldn't stomach it, plus im trying to prevent spikes in my blood glucose.
I tried ELOO today and threw up right in my sink, i jsut cant stand consuming oil like that.  :P
I was wondering, could i use benefiber instead of oil? its 15 calories when mixed in one eight once glass, so i know id have to drink alot more but...would it work? it's flavorless calories...

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
Re: benefiber?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 11:36:39 AM »

I would worry about the effects of the quantity of fiber you'd have to take in order to get enough flavorless calories.   :-[  If you can't take oil, consider noseclipping.  Also, let us know how much oil you took and how you took it.  We might be able to guide you to a method that will work for you, such as mixing it with lecithin (see the post on Todd's Oil Milk).  Good luck!

T-Vix

erin.c

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 11:52:24 AM »

well i weigh 120 pounds so i would have to drink 16 eight oz. glasses to consume 240 calories. that would be 48 grams of fiber per day...
I tried one tablespoon of ELOO but i couldn't even swallow it. I don't drink milk r smoothies so there's not much i can mmix it with....

Sanchiaza

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 09:43:25 PM »

You can try shaking up your oil with water in a small jar - it disperses the oil into the water for a short time and changes the texture, makes it easier to drink down.

Good luck!

shovelqueen

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 03:34:00 AM »

You could add your oil to a glass of Benefibre and take it without tasting it (ie: noseclipped) to mask the oil texture.  Would that work?

"Strength, balance, joy!"

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 07:13:07 AM »

Hey guys, I'm just starting out on shangri-la.
I can't handle the sugar either, tried that yesterday but couldn't stomach it, plus im trying to prevent spikes in my blood glucose.
I tried ELOO today and threw up right in my sink, i jsut cant stand consuming oil like that.  :P
I was wondering, could i use benefiber instead of oil? its 15 calories when mixed in one eight once glass, so i know id have to drink alot more but...would it work? it's flavorless calories...

I suggest you use nose-clipped butter instead of ELOO or benefiber. You'd have to drink way too much benefiber. You can eat the butter with (nose-clipped) meat or anything else.

Priscilla

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 07:50:16 AM »

Yes, that's an awful lot of drinks of benefibre :o  Have you got a noseclip yet? Essential piece of SLD kit!! You could wrap butter in lettuce leaves and get extra fibre that way too   ;) 

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 08:33:37 AM »

Sorry, Erin, my post wasn't clear.  When I was referring to Todd's Oil Milk, I wasn't talking about actual milk.  You mix lecithin granules into the oil and use a stick blender (or a regular blender) to mix it.  It totally removes any oily texture, and the mixture slides down like milk.  I would encourage you to look up the post.  To me, 48 grams of Benefiber a day seems like way too much.

T-Vix

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18