Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Suggestion to improve forums

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion to improve forums  (Read 3359 times)

curiosity112358

Suggestion to improve forums
« on: June 16, 2011, 03:53:39 PM »

Hi, I'm in the web business myself so this is a suggestion to make things better -- I've been reading the forums (came in through Mark's Daily Apple) and trying the diet and recommended a friend so I decided to register today.  Why do you make it so difficult/annoying? At one point (after my 3rd password was rejected) I would have quit trying to register and just stuck with reading, but I had just recommend that my friend come here so I stuck with it. 

What's the point of all the password rules?  I usually use a 6 letter password.  My bank takes it, my broker takes it and my insurance company takes it.  Your rules are so counter productive.  It's not like national security is at risk here. Anyone who is concerned about their account getting hacked can use a longer password (with a capital letter!), but for the vast majority of us, that is so overkill -- and just silly.

It's not a good idea to drive people away with stuff like this.  Sure a lot of people won't notice or care, but why annoy those that do?

I'm not really a big complainer.  I would have just let it go but I really thought you should know because all the people that give up aren't going to tell you they were annoyed.  :)

I do love the forum and the diet!

Ann Coleman

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
Re: Suggestion to improve forums
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 06:24:21 AM »

Thank you for your complaint, Ann. The reason the password was hard to do was to cut down on spam. Maybe it was ineffective, but I was willing to try anything! There was at one time a big problem with it.

I have made the passwords easier to choose. Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18