Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
This is really working!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This is really working!  (Read 2819 times)

isotope

This is really working!
« on: May 22, 2011, 11:38:00 AM »

At 40 yrs old I calculated that I had been gaining about 4 lbs/year for the past 20 years.
Kept convincing myself that I wasnt that fat - though I knew otherwise.

I view the SLD as a "hack" - but one that just works!

For over a year I have been waiting for myself to be inspired enough to really make a change.
After seeing several people who made lifestyle changes and successfully took off lots of weight I was convinced.

that was almost 4 months ago. I have used canola oil 1-2x daily and it has a strong effect, even at my weight!

I started: 255 lbs - just a bit into the 'severely obese' section of the BMI scale.
Over 4 months I have moved down 28 lbs. - over 1/3 of the way to my goal - which is to be in the normal range.

half of the time I did not actually lose any weight - but now it is coming off again.

Great to have people comment - wow! and I keep thinking - wait as I lose the other 2/3 of the weight!

-----------------------------------------
Down 28 lbs so far - I think this is enabling me to make a life change.

fbnops

Re: This is really working!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 01:20:43 PM »

Congratulations and welcome to the group. It does work, and it is totally boggling that something so counterintuitive would work.

It's also strange how it comes off in little clumps, and then stabilizes a while. I guess that's why they dreamed up the whole set point thing.

Enjoy the weight loss and the losing. It doesn't have to be so hard. You don't have to devote your life to starving and working out. One of the best kept secrets of all time.

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 02:15:30 PM »

Yay brilliant, and the same goal as me - I'm aspiring to "overweight" on the bmi scale...

All the best :)

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 05:13:27 AM »

Thanks for posting, isotope. I am both pleased and chagrined to hear SLD described as "one of the best kept secrets of all time."

After seeing several people who made lifestyle changes and successfully took off lots of weight I was convinced.

Isotope, I have a question. You saw people who lost a lot of weight via SLD? Or some other method? How did you learn about their success?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18