Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Do you ever lie about your actual weight?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you ever lie about your actual weight?  (Read 4560 times)

slw

Do you ever lie about your actual weight?
« on: April 11, 2011, 04:09:55 PM »

OK so i'm one of those people that on a good day can look like i weigh waaaay less than i actually do. I was at the chiropractor office the other day. The last time i was there i was alot thinner as in numbers not really shape if that make sense :o. moving on he ask me if my weight was the same. I said add a few lbs, he said 5lbs or so if i . You know i went along with it and said sure. ;D I felt bad after the fact but didn't say a word about changing it :-X  It's really like 20lbs gain i can go as low as 25lbs lower and no one questions me about it. In the past when i gave my real weight i always get the stop playing ! where is it? So am i the only one that goes through this?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 04:20:32 PM by Seth Roberts »
laugh is good...                                             

terio

Re: Do you ever lie about your actual weight?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 10:57:09 AM »

I recently went to the doctor twice in one week, then again about 10 days later.  They weighed me each time.  I asked them why I needed to be weighed so frequently, as my weight hadn't changed  from the day before, and they responded that rapid weight loss or gain (water loss or retention) could be a very important symptom.

terio

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 11:00:47 AM »

I forgot to mention that I would definitely fudge the number a bit to a non health professional. :D

slw

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 09:25:49 AM »

Terio u are correct about when n who u give yo_r real weight to. The funny thing is my primary Dr. and my chiropractor r next door to each other in the same building. They are good friends. :D  I personally used to get weighed by my doctor on each visit. The last time I was 190lbs. I'll explain that later. I have since told him I no longer want to b weighed because I know how much I eeigh already. When I first start going to him 2005/2006 I was 153lbs....... He put me on ensure n I started gain a belly. :-\
laugh is good...                                             

slw

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 09:49:38 AM »

Thanks for been the fist person to comment.  ;D I saw a few few n thought I must of offended everone with that question.
laugh is good...                                             

terio

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 08:45:37 PM »

Why did your doctor put you on Ensure?  That is usually for people who aren't getting enough calories.

slw

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 09:23:06 PM »

Yes when I first started going to him, I was having severe headaches and anxiety attacks. I had lost maybe 10lbs or less and wasn't really eating that much. I honestly believe it was from a tetanus shot I had received a few months earlier. I developed every food allergy u could think of. He suggested the ensure plus. I started to gain weight mainly in my stomach, since then i've had a weight problem;although,i think it's a mental security blanket everytime I lose some weight I start feeling like I'm going to be sick again. :'(
laugh is good...                                             

soooz

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 02:09:51 AM »

I've never lied about it but I've refused to tell it to anybody!  Whenever I used to belong to weight loss forums many moons ago, I'd only put the +lbs and -lbs differences and keep the stones to myself! 

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18