Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Fractionated coconut oil ... warning!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fractionated coconut oil ... warning!  (Read 11525 times)

malagachica

Fractionated coconut oil ... warning!
« on: April 06, 2011, 06:58:31 AM »

Hello, I'm new to this forum and to the Shangri-la diet, and I have started off ... how shall I put it? ... rather explosively!

I have a small business making soaps and natural cosmetics so I thought this diet would be a natural for me as I have a LOT of different plant oils in stock that I use - at last count about 20. I don't have light olive though, as I use ordinary Class 1 olive (not extra-virgin) for soaps.

So I sniffed through all my oils to find out which had the least flavour and wasn't too expensive. The winner was fractionated coconut (FCO) which has the lauric acids removed, leaving the medium chain fatty acids - you see it on cosmetic ingredients lists as capric/caprylic tryglicerides.  It's odourless, tasteless, and particularly easy to digest, and it's sometimes used in medicines, due to its antiseptic and disinfectant properties.

The first two days I took 20 mls in the morning, 20 in afternoon, and it immediately seemed to lower my appetite (I also felt quite nauseous ...), next day I missed because of scheduling problems. The third day I took the entire 40 mls in the afternoon, ate a smallish supper ... and later in the evening realised I ought to have read to the end of the article on FCO where it states that "FCO should be introduced gradually into the diet as it can have a powerful laxative effect" ....   

Oooohhh my ... and how! I don't wish to be too graphic about this but suffice to say I might as well have had an enema! However, after a miserable night spent largely in the bathroom, my stomach looked flatter than it has for ages and I felt quite light and energetic. And, get this: I had lost 6 lbs!! Overnight! I do tend to suffer from bloating, but this was ridiculous ...

Anyway, I'm going to continue with the FCO, but space it out through the day and build the amount up gradually!

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
Re: Fractionated coconut oil ... warning!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 07:21:31 AM »

if you are going to use a plant oil, I think flaxseed oil taken noseclipped works the best. because of its high omega-3 content, it is a powerful antiinflammatory.

umm

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 08:46:15 PM »

Is FCO the same as the refined coconut oil ommonly found in grocery stores?

Edward Edmonds

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 09:32:18 AM »

Hello, I'm new to this forum and to the Shangri-la diet, and I have started off ... how shall I put it? ... rather explosively!

I have a small business making soaps and natural cosmetics so I thought this diet would be a natural for me as I have a LOT of different plant oils in stock that I use - at last count about 20. I don't have light olive though, as I use ordinary Class 1 olive (not extra-virgin) for soaps.

So I sniffed through all my oils to find out which had the least flavour and wasn't too expensive. The winner was fractionated coconut (FCO) which has the lauric acids removed, leaving the medium chain fatty acids - you see it on cosmetic ingredients lists as capric/caprylic tryglicerides.  It's odourless, tasteless, and particularly easy to digest, and it's sometimes used in medicines, due to its antiseptic and disinfectant properties.

The first two days I took 20 mls in the morning, 20 in afternoon, and it immediately seemed to lower my appetite (I also felt quite nauseous ...), next day I missed because of scheduling problems. The third day I took the entire 40 mls in the afternoon, ate a smallish supper ... and later in the evening realised I ought to have read to the end of the article on FCO where it states that "FCO should be introduced gradually into the diet as it can have a powerful laxative effect" ....   

Oooohhh my ... and how! I don't wish to be too graphic about this but suffice to say I might as well have had an enema! However, after a miserable night spent largely in the bathroom, my stomach looked flatter than it has for ages and I felt quite light and energetic. And, get this: I had lost 6 lbs!! Overnight! I do tend to suffer from bloating, but this was ridiculous ...

Anyway, I'm going to continue with the FCO, but space it out through the day and build the amount up gradually!

Ditto. A few months ago I was experimenting with Spectrum unrefined coconut oil. It is very "cleansing". I went through about half a jar mixed in with a pot of coffee and gelatin. After a while I started feeling warm and a bit sick, the rest of the day I laid in bed and felt like I had food poisoning. I vomited 2 times and also had the laxative effects. Next day my stomach was perfectly flat and I mean perfectly flat. I have always been thin but just had this thin layer of fat around the lower abdominal area and nothing would get rid of it. Despite how bad I felt, the next day besides the flat tummy my mood balanced and I had a sense of euphoria.

Currently I'm experimenting with my upper tolerable level of the coconut oil. When I have school at night I mix about .3 liters of water with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1 tablespoon of dextrose. Almost flavorless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18