Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Soylent product -- similar to SLD?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Soylent product -- similar to SLD?  (Read 3547 times)

Leftblank

Soylent product -- similar to SLD?
« on: November 18, 2013, 09:17:12 AM »

I watched this video with interest, about a liquid product that replaces all meals with a nutritious drink. After 30 days, the self-experimenter was losing weight and clearly experiencing appetite suppression similar to the SLD. It sounds like the concoction has flavor (though unpleasant), so it seems likely that will be a temporary effect, right? It is interesting how so many of the side effects -- weight loss, the desire to chew stuff, social isolation from not sharing meals -- are similar to things one must guard against on the SLD. This would be a interesting product for SLD adherents if it could be made to be flavorless (or could be taken with nose clips). But it's remarkable that he was taking in more than 2,000 calories a day and was still losing weight. Something must be off about that.

http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2013/11/16/30-days-without-food-or-hunger/

Morex

Re: Soylent product -- similar to SLD?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 08:26:17 PM »

Hi!

Yes this is exactly what I thought. Soylent seems to be a very good option for SLD and IF.

I'd like to test it... to bad it's only sent to the US :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18