Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Confused and I need some guidance

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Confused and I need some guidance  (Read 2430 times)

youda1

Confused and I need some guidance
« on: March 22, 2011, 11:14:14 AM »

I have read the book and started off with doing the sugar water between meals. All that did was create a craving for more sugar water so I switched to taking canola oil before bed. I took 2 1/2TBS. before bed for 2 nights and didn't notice anything. How long does it take before I see changes in my appetite? I have been following the 4 hour body by Tim Ferriss for 8 weeks and have GAINED weight and INCHES in my stomach area and I am so disappointed that I need to find a way to lower my set point to see if that will help me to lose these 25 pounds. I am 47yr female, 5' 6" and weight is 160 pounds. I want to lose 25 pounds. Any help would be very appreciated as how I should go about this plan. Thank you! :?

karky

• Life is Good!
Re: Confused and I need some guidance
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 02:14:07 PM »

It can take several weeks to feel the effects of SLD, especially if you have already been dieting.
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

youda1

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 03:07:48 PM »

Can you tell me when is the best tiime to take my canola oil? Should I take it before bed to get the best results or should I take it in the afternoon after lunch when I seem to be the hungriest in the late afternoon and evening hours. Thanks for the help! :D

shovelqueen

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 03:55:06 PM »

Hi, Youda,

I'm 50, 5'6", looking to get to the same goal area as you, 130-135 lbs, and very peri-menopausal. I've been up to 160 before, and am about 145-147 at the moment.  I just got the 4 hour body book a few weeks ago and tried a few of his tweaks.  I like the protein and legumes diet, very filling.  Not a alot of weight loss yet, but I'm not being very diligent right now, either. 

SLD works, and I lost from 153 to 135 on it the first time around.  I stayed in the 130's for over a year, then allowed a bit to creep back on.  But I feel wonderful on the higher fat, lower carb diet.  The SLD oilshot can work very well with the Slow Carb diet that Tim Ferriss proposes, or alot of other diet plans.  It makes appetite and cravings lessen which makes any of these diets work more painlessly.  Many of us find that "chronic cardio" type exercises destroy the appetite suppression (AS), and alcohol is another AS buster. 

What part of the 4 hour body plan were you implementing that caused the weight and inches gain? 

"Strength, balance, joy!"

toadkid

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 03:58:15 PM »

Can you tell me when is the best tiime to take my canola oil? Should I take it before bed to get the best results or should I take it in the afternoon after lunch when I seem to be the hungriest in the late afternoon and evening hours. Thanks for the help! :D
Some people take it all at once, some people split it into more than one dose. Some people find that taking it at a particular time of day is easier or more helpful to them, and you can experiment with that, but generally speaking the effect is cumulative.

For example, I prefer to take my oil in a single dose when I wake up. That way I don't have to worry about the first flavor-free hour, because I'm asleep. And the oil is, in effect, my breakfast. I won't eat until lunch. This works for me.

But if I've been taking my oil for two weeks straight and then accidentally miss a day, I don't immediately lose the appetite suppression. The AS is still in effect on the day I missed the oil, and remains the day after when I restart the oil. The AS effect is cumulative in that way. It's only if I miss a number of days that I have trouble.

Started 8 Oct 2010. First goal: lose 80 pounds.

youda1

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2011, 05:55:20 PM »

I was implementing Tims whole eating plan, every meal you eat meat, beans and vegetables. I like the eating plan I stay full with all the beans. The only thing I think I am doing wrong I think is that I am eating to many calories. I tried the Atkins diet about 2 years and was not successful with that either so I am at a loss of why I cannot lose the weight. That is why I am here in hope to find success by lowering my set point with Tim's eating plan.
I don't know if I understand this correctly. I cannot eat or drink 1 hour before and 1 hour after taking my oil, correct? So if I wake up and have my coffee, I have to wait 1 hour before I take my oil with my nose plugged, correct? My weight being 159-160 I am takin 2 1/2 tbsp of canola but will be switching to safflower oil per a post on menopause belly fat which I have. Thank you for the help and I will continue to stay in touch. 

toadkid

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 10:05:35 AM »

I cannot eat or drink 1 hour before and 1 hour after taking my oil, correct?
You could have water, or vitamins you swallow rather than chew, but no flavors. :)

So if I wake up and have my coffee, I have to wait 1 hour before I take my oil with my nose plugged, correct?
Yes, after you drink coffee, you must avoid flavors an hour before taking the oil. You only have to plug your nose while taking the oil if the oil has a flavor.

Started 8 Oct 2010. First goal: lose 80 pounds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18