Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
MrVirgo's progress, started on 6-3-06 at 266 pounds.

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MrVirgo's progress, started on 6-3-06 at 266 pounds.  (Read 2624 times)

mrvirgo

MrVirgo's progress, started on 6-3-06 at 266 pounds.
« on: July 15, 2006, 03:49:31 PM »

Hi everyone. I'm not much of a journal writer, but I thought after six weeks I should post some of my experiences.

I'm currently at 250 pounds, down 16 pounds in 6 weeks!
I'm a 56 yer old male, 6'1" tall and on Blood pressure meds and cholesterol meds (low HDL problem). I walk 4 miles 5 days a week and I do 3 to 4 hours of aerobics and strength training  a week.   I've done Nutri system in the 80's and lost 55 pounds in 12 weeks and gained it all back in 1 year. I've done weight watchers off and on over the last 15 years, and South Beach diet last year.

I'm currently taking 2 tblsp ELOO at 10am and 3tblsp sugar at 3 pm.  I was on all OO but I got to feeling "full of oil" so I switched to sugar in the afternoon and I feel better.
 I immediately began losing weight when I started the OO on June 3rd. ( As a contrast, on the SB diet I did not lose any weight for 3 weeks).  My desire for sweets stopped almost immediately, as did the between meal snacking.  I basically have kept my food the same as before. Kind of a modified lower in fat and lower in starch/sugar diet. I just have reduced the quantities a little.  I have had a particularly hard time stopping eating when I'm full.  When I started the sugar in the afternoon, I began getting a very pronounced "full" signal during lunch and dinner.  So I've made some progress in stopping when full, rather than "cleaning up the plate and all the leftovers".  Also when cooking, for my wife and I, I'm trying to only make Half-recipes, rather than 4 to 6 servings.  It's been hard to overcome that early in life training to "clean your plate".

About 2 1/2 years ago my health was diagnosed as "metabolic syndrome" with borderline diabetes. As I understand it this involves high blood pressure, Low HDL cholesterol, high triglycerides, high blood sugar, 40 or more pounds overweight and a large belly.  When I did the South Beach diet, fortunately I was able to eliminate the corn , potatoes and sugars. I gave up all baked goods except for whole wheat bread, so my triglycerides and sugar levels came down dramatically. I lost 25 pounds which helped.  But over the winter I gained it back.  I've been able to keep the starches, pastries and cookies out of my diet.  So my goal is to get down below 200 pounds, pref errably between 185 and 190, and be able to get off of some of the BP meds.

I really like the SLD program because I can basically eat what I want.  I've never really felt hungry. And I have always kind of understood the set point theory, just until Seth came along with his book I really didn't see any way to control the set point.  Eating less food in the past always produced extreme hunger and eventual failure.
So a big "Thank You, Seth", from me.

Best wishes to everyone.

saggi girl

Re: MrVirgo's progress, started on 6-3-06 at 266 pounds.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 06:43:21 PM »

Yay!  You're doing great!  Best wishes for continued good results.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18