Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Plain Sushi was Still Tasty!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plain Sushi was Still Tasty!  (Read 4928 times)

turtletana

Plain Sushi was Still Tasty!
« on: March 04, 2011, 01:28:05 PM »

love sushi.  I normally use a lot of reduced-sodium soy sauce, ginger, and wasabi.  Yesterday, my good friend invited me out for sushi like normal, but I ate my sushi without any of those three items added.  It was still tasty -- surprisingly.  I think I did miss those additions a little bit, but I was trying to reduce extra flavorful items like is suggested in the books.  What sacrifices have others made to reduce flavors?

toadkid

Re: Plain Sushi was Still Tasty!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 02:15:07 PM »

What sacrifices have others made to reduce flavors?
Honestly, that's not a form of extra credit I pursue. When I do eat, I go for bold and interesting flavors. :)

Started 8 Oct 2010. First goal: lose 80 pounds.

Sanchiaza

Re: Plain Sushi was Still Tasty!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 10:36:35 PM »

I adore sushi - not too much soy sauce but LOTS of wasabi... lol, must be the endorphine rush from that split second of pain  :lol:

Like toadkid, I'm not really into bland foods - I can go through bottles of Tabasco!

The closest I get to reducing flavour is to noseclip certain foods sometimes - carrot cake for one. I almost prefer to eat carrot cake noseclipped because I just really like the texture. I find that if I noseclip sweets (candy), chocolate and cakes, then I eat less of the stuff because I reach satiety more quickly. I haven't done that for a while, though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18