Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
RickM, started 5/6/06 at 180 lbs, today 149 and on maintenance

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: RickM, started 5/6/06 at 180 lbs, today 149 and on maintenance  (Read 53796 times)

rickm

Re: RickM, started 5/6/06 at 180 lbs, today 146 and on maintenance
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2006, 10:17:26 AM »

Not to mention, I'm curious how your next physical goes.  I've finally got mine scheduled and will report what my doctor has to say.

Well, since you asked...

Blood pressure: 100/68
Cholesterol: 140 (total), 47 (HDL), 76 (LDL)

Very pleased with this. Before starting, my total cholesterol was 170-something. I'd like to see the HDL levels a bit higher. Hopefully the fish oil pills will help.

rickm

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2006, 10:19:09 AM »

It would be a real pain to take that many capsules at once, for me. Have you tried the liquid fish oil? Pinch your nose shut and you can't taste it, though most of them have orange or lemon added and don't taste that bad.

Just can't do oil anymore. Can't do it. I'm only taking 10 pills of the fish oil, and I take them in batches of 3, so it isn't too bad. I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes.

rosekelly

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2006, 11:33:51 AM »

I take my fish oil in capsules, twelve at one sitting, and it doesn't bother me. Three or four at once, down the hatch. I have a big mouth, I guess. Or a big gullet.

Rose

rickm

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2006, 02:41:41 PM »

Nothing much to report, but thought I should check in, since it has been a while. Maintenance is going well. I'm still taking 10 x 1000 mg fish oil pills in the morning, and have been holding my weight steady at or around 146. A little bit hungrier, and I've had to bring a bit more food for lunch every day. So far, so good!

TalkingRat

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2006, 02:46:16 PM »

Thanks, Rick, for keeping us updated!  So cool for you to be at maintenance level.   8)

frenata

• mustela frenata
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2006, 02:48:41 PM »

I'm particularly pleased to hear that you've got a bit of appetite back, but you've kept the maintenance weight. I would like to be free of the burden of craving, but allow myself a little more of the pleasure of food. Once I shed a bit more of this weight, of course.
Running weight tally:

rickm

« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2006, 12:00:44 PM »

Thought I would check in. Over the past week I've gone to very low doses of Sugar Water, and I find it works very well. While trying to lose weight on the SLD, I was doing either 2 doses of 10 (1000 mg) fish oil pills daily, or two doses of 2 tablespoons of sugar in a cup of hot water daily. When initially moving onto maintenance, I just cut back to a single dose of the fish oil pills. However, I've had something of a revelation. The past few days I've just been taking 1 teaspoon (= 1/3 tablespoon) of sugar in a cup of hot water, twice daily. This controls my appetite much better than the fish oil pills, plus gives me something nice to drink at work.

At 1/3 tablespoon per (large) mug, there is much less of a sweet taste to the water. But I find that it keeps me satisfied all morning.

IIRC, Seth chose the name "Shangri-La" because he felt that tasteless calories kept one from having to think about food and a diet all of the time. Whilst on fish oil maintenance, I didn't feel like I was in Shangri La; I didn't put on any weight, but I found myself thinking about food much of the time. Now that I'm on very low doses of sugar water, I'm finding myself back in Shangri-La again.

tekayla

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2006, 11:53:53 AM »

Congrats on reaching maintenance RickM   Way to go!!!

Kayla
When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.
Harriet Beecher Stowe

BarbH

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2006, 04:10:54 PM »

Congratulations.  Thanks for checking back in.  Hope you'll continue to share your experiences with maintenance.  - BarbH

widdlemama

• FitnessWorkx
« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2006, 09:21:38 PM »

18 pounds in 32 days!!!! WOW GReat job
http://fitnessworkx.com

Start weight 160
goal weight  120

timmmmyboy

« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2006, 06:48:26 AM »

Congratulations rickm! I'm glad to hear the diet has worked so well for you. I just started a week ago and I'm having great success so far. I'd like to encourage you to post a before and after picture in this thread if you're not too shy/uncomfortable with it. Some block out their faces which is fine. I think it will definitely help others to see the effects of this diet, not just reading about them. Of course if you're uncomfortable posting pictures, that's fine. Congratulations again!

rickm

Re: RickM, started 5/6/06 at 180 lbs, today 149 and on maintenance
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2007, 08:49:05 AM »

It's been a while, and I thought I would check in again. I'm still at my goal weight, more than one year later. I've fallen off the wagon several times, but usually it has only taken a few days of careful eating to get back onto the diet. In my last fall from grace, I had a couple of weeks of birthday celebrations, and ended up shooting up to 158 lbs. I decided to go back on the full oil dosage (ELOO in the morning, fish oil pills in the afternoon), and fairly quickly dropped back down again.

Exercising a great deal still (bicycle commuting and running). In a way that's a good thing, in that it has let me keep my weight down. But in a way this is also a bad thing: if I put on weight at this level of exertion, I can't simply start exercising more to get it off.

What I've realized through the SLD is that I *really* like to eat, too much so for my own good. Left to my own, with a box of Cheez-Its or cookies, I'll keep eating until I'm gorged. The SLD helps put me out of the mood to eat.

The ELOO/Fish oil combo is good. I've noticed the fish oil has helped my overall mood (or, I noticed my mood getting much worse when I stopped taking the pills), and I like the effect that ELOO has on my skin.

Ann H

« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2007, 08:56:22 AM »

Neat Rick! Thanks so much for the update! Congrats and great to hear from you!

rickm

« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2008, 07:57:34 AM »

Thought I would check in again, since it has been about one year since I last posted. I went off flavorless calories for most of the past year, and, sure enough, I've slowly gained around 15 pounds. I stepped on the scale yesterday (eek! 165!) and decided to go back on ELOO for a few months until I'm back at a more respectable weight.

melissar

• You must do the thing you think you cannot do
    • From Here 2 There
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2008, 01:31:38 PM »

Hey Rick,

How is it going now?  CURIOUS!  Thinking that oil and water will pretty much be a way of life for me as I have been on a yoyo since having babies.

I don't think I mind doing oil and water for the rest of my life just have fit it in the right spot.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18