Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
RickM, started 5/6/06 at 180 lbs, today 149 and on maintenance

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: RickM, started 5/6/06 at 180 lbs, today 149 and on maintenance  (Read 55555 times)

jzkc

Re: RickM, started 5/6/06 at 180 lbs, today 155 lbs
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 03:11:52 PM »

Forgot to take my oil this morning. Just had lunch, and will take my afternoon dose as usual. It will be interesting to see how my hunger changes, having missed the morning oil.

I do this frequently, too.  Don't necessarily forget, just that the schedule sometimes doesn't work out.  So I'll take the first dose in mid afternoon and the second one an hour after dinner in the evening.  If I end up getting dinner too late, then I brush my teeth right after I eat and then wait an hour for the oil.  Sometimes it's bedtime by then, but I still get the second dose of oil in.

rickm

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 06:21:42 PM »

Turns out the whole skipping-the-morning-oil was not a good thing for me. Ended up crabby at the end of the day, and probably had a bit more dinner than I would have if I had my morning oil. Maybe I should have doubled up on my afternoon oil or something.

rickm

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2006, 04:36:23 PM »

Argh. Not only am I plateau-ing, but I've put on a pound over the last two days. I know, I've had great luck thus far, and have nothing to complain about. I just keep telling myself that I'm eating really healthily, and am getting lots of exercise, but the sudden lack of success is a little frustrating.

I don't know whether it's good or bad, but I'm leaving for vacation now, to spend a couple of weeks with my wife's family. The good is that it will give me an opportunity to relax and enjoy being away from home, maybe not weigh myself every single day (although I suspect that I'll find a way). The bad is that I will have less control over what I can eat, and I'm feeling a little vulnerable.

Will probably be posting a little erratically for a while, but will check in with updates when I can.

rickm

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2006, 02:34:32 PM »

I'm on vacation this week, and have only limited web access, so I'll be brief. Am still at 155 lbs, which is a good thing, given the astonishingly delicious nature of my mother-in-law's fried eggplant. Happy and stable thus far. I have much less control over when I take oil this week, but this hasn't been that much of an issue for me. I figure I'll end up a few pounds heavier, and will just have to get more serious after this is all over.

Take care everyone.

rickm

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2006, 04:46:08 AM »

Back from vacation, and back to my pre-vacation plateau weight of 155 pounds. Back on sugar water for a while. Just couldn't take the canola oil any longer. I'll buy some more ELOO later this week and try that, since it does sate my appetite a bit better than the SW. Plus, I'm still getting occasional headaches and energy crashes after taking the SW. But I was getting a real physical aversion to taking the canola oil, and figured I'd listen to my body.

I have found that I'm less in Shangri-La than I had thought: although the SLD gives me a certain amount of resistance to overeating, when faced with large amounts of delicious food I'm still tempted to go back for seconds and thirds and...

rickm

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2006, 08:59:10 AM »

...and still at 155 lbs today. This has been quite some plateau! Almost a solid month.

I did a week of sugar water last week, since I had gotten a real revulsion to canola oil. The SW was a nice break, but I had the same problems as before (headaches, fatigue, etc.), and I'm back on ELOO as of yesterday. Still find ELOO much more satisfying than SW.

rickm

Re: RickM, started 5/6/06 at 180 lbs, today 154 lbs
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2006, 11:30:49 AM »

154 pounds this morning -- the first weight loss I've had in weeks. Obviously, I don't yet know whether this is the start of more loss or just a blip, but I'm feeling pretty good.

I've been changing my eating a little bit, adding a few more calories from nuts and trail mix to the diet. Have also started taking Omega-3 fish oil pills.

I've been running harder as well. I put some speed work into my longer, flatter runs, and it is both making my workouts more interesting as well as making me much more tired at the end.

Rick

rickm

Re: RickM, started 5/6/06 at 180 lbs, today 153 lbs
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2006, 10:23:11 AM »

153 pounds this morning. After several weeks without losing anything, I'm now down to 153, which is down 2 pounds this week. I don't know whether the loss this week is because of my recent changes (see below) or just the natural pace of the diet. Either way, I'm stoked.

The main change is that, after reading http://www.fantastic-voyage.net/, I've put more nuts into my diet, and have cut back on sugar and sugar water. The other change is that I've put some speed works into my normally slow runs, which has increased the exertion on those runs considerably.

rickm

Re: RickM, started 5/6/06 at 180 lbs, today 152 lbs
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2006, 07:56:58 AM »

Down again to 152 pounds this morning; this week has been a nice surprise after several plateau weeks.

I'm working on eating a variety of foods now. I typically glom onto one food and have seconds (and occasionally thirds) for dinner; I'm now trying to eat more and more different foods, a little pasta, a little vegetables, a little fruit, etc. I just ordered "Eat, Drink, Be Healthy", which Seth recommended, and I'm looking forward to learning a little more about current theory on nutrition. I've been successful enough under the SLD that I've shifted my focus from losing weight to eating as healthily as possible.

Ann H

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2006, 08:11:45 AM »

I love reading all your regular posts, Rick! Congrats on your success and thanks for taking the time to leave a "digital trail". :)    Cheers, Ann H

rickm

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2006, 10:20:18 AM »

Still at 152 today. I've started to relax my eating on the weekends a bit more, so I'm glad I'm not gaining weight with that experiment. All is still going well. I think I mentioned that I'm taking ~2 g of fish oil pills with my morning oil to increase my omega-3 fatty acids. Have also started taking more vitamins. I'm now taking a multivitamin, C, E and a baby aspirin every day as well. Feeling good, but maybe that's just a placebo effect.

Charms

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2006, 07:32:25 PM »

Rick,
When you started off with the sugar water, were you using fructose or sucrose(regular white table sugar)?

Rabin the Cat

« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2006, 11:31:35 AM »

I'm glad you've started down from the plateau. I was thinking all kinds of crazy things the month I lost no weight.

rickm

Re: RickM, started 5/6/06 at 180 lbs, today 150 lbs
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2006, 11:14:00 AM »

Just as I was getting prepared for a long plateau at 152 (since that's the way the past two weeks seemed to have gone), I dropped down two pounds at my weigh-in this morning. Nice surprise.

Charms: I was using sucrose in my sugar water. I really did like drinking warm water throughout the day, but the insulin spikes were just too much for me. I've switched to just drinking hot water, and I'm really enjoying that.

rickm

Re: RickM, started 5/6/06 at 180 lbs, today 150 lbs
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2006, 02:29:47 PM »

Experimented with taking a weekend off from oil. I'm within 10 lbs of my goal (140) now, and am experimenting a bit to see what other options feel like for me.

On the whole it went quite well. I didn't really feel all that much more hungry. However, I find I did eat too much during Sunday night's dinner (actually, it was the standing around and snacking before dinner that was the problem). I haven't yet decided whether this shows that my attitudes toward food still need to mature a bit, or that I still need the oil on the weekends.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18