Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Four Months In

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Four Months In  (Read 7413 times)

Marietsebiel

Re: Four Months In
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2012, 08:04:17 AM »

I've hit my first goal, to lose 80 pounds! Today I'm down 80.2.

Amazing ! I hope I can do the same...

Sanchiaza

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2012, 11:31:13 PM »

That's amazing, toadkid - completely awesome  :D

CONGRATULATIONS!

shovelqueen

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 03:51:51 AM »

I've hit my first goal, to lose 80 pounds! Today I'm down 80.2.

Way to go, Toadkid!!!  What an awesome achievement!

"Strength, balance, joy!"

toadkid

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2012, 10:09:02 PM »

Seth wanted to see this, so I figure I'll share with everyone:

Hope that works! ;D

Started 8 Oct 2010. First goal: lose 80 pounds.

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 07:38:09 AM »

Looks to be a good straight line to me - an interesting comparison to my own experience (9 pounds to go to catch you up ;)) which showed a reducing loss in the second half of last year.

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 02:22:01 PM »

The consistency of it is strong support for the true effectiveness of SLD - unless toadkid, you feel that your own discipline takes a significant part of that honor.

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 01:16:07 PM »

The consistency of it is strong support for the true effectiveness of SLD - unless toadkid, you feel that your own discipline takes a significant part of that honor.

that's a good question. Let me restate it: What has been the hardest part of doing this (losing all this weight)?

toadkid

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 06:01:53 PM »

What has been the hardest part of doing this (losing all this weight)?
It hasn't really been hard, which was the reason I tried SLD in the first place! :)

I guess the most difficult thing is listening to internal cues. I can be a sucker for external cues like "there is more food here" or "it's time to eat." But this isn't an unwieldy problem, because conscious action helps a lot. I only put on my plate (or order, if I'm out) a reasonable amount of food before eating. If I eat all of it, I make myself wait a bit before even considering a second serving of anything. When I'm going to eat with other people at a designated time, I try to plan my meals or snacks in such a way that I can be hungry at that time.

And occasionally I'll "game" the system. I don't lose the cumulative effect of the oil by skipping one day here or there, so I trade the oil calories for food calories on special occasions when I'll probably want to eat more (e.g. birthday parties).

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2012, 06:11:09 PM »

I guess the most difficult thing is listening to internal cues. I can be a sucker for external cues like "there is more food here" or "it's time to eat." But this isn't an unwieldy problem, because conscious action helps a lot. I only put on my plate (or order, if I'm out) a reasonable amount of food before eating. If I eat all of it, I make myself wait a bit before even considering a second serving of anything. When I'm going to eat with other people at a designated time, I try to plan my meals or snacks in such a way that I can be hungry at that time.

And occasionally I'll "game" the system. I don't lose the cumulative effect of the oil by skipping one day here or there, so I trade the oil calories for food calories on special occasions when I'll probably want to eat more (e.g. birthday parties).

That's good advice, which I would sum up like this: 1. Pay attention to whether you are hungry. Don't eat when you're not hungry. 2. Wait before seconds. 3. You can skip days now and then, the diet will still work.

toadkid

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2012, 11:57:41 PM »

Quick recap:

I started SLD on October 8, 2010.

Today is May 16, 2012.

I have lost 86 pounds, passing the first goal I set. :)

I am still losing weight, and hope to lose about 130 pounds total.

So I'm two-thirds of the way to my final goal. :)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18