Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Newbie Numpty having a go at SLD lost 70.6 pounds

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 54   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie Numpty having a go at SLD lost 70.6 pounds  (Read 328964 times)

numpty01

• Global Moderator
Re: Newbie Numpty having a go at SLD lost 36.2 pounds
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2011, 01:19:16 AM »

Today the scale says 308.2 pounds, with no change in the percentages. A bit frustrating after the great results of the last two weeks but such is - I'll give it a few days.

Yesterday AS was good, was out shopping with my wife and I got a small meal and didn't finish it all. I was happy eating the amount I did and enjoyed the change of scene and the company.

One thing that has cheered me up, I'm one notch in in my belt for my jeans. Result!

N.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:20:42 AM by numpty01 »

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2011, 05:07:17 AM »

You're doing great, numpty - keep up the good work.  One word of advice, though.  Don't try to map what you eat & how much you exercise to what the scale says, or you will drive yourself absolutely insane.  The body just doesn't work like that.  There will be times when you're being really really good, and the scale won't budge.  But you may see yourself getting smaller and your clothes getting looser.  Other times you might eat a ton and not gain an ounce.  It's just impossible to predict.  Relax and enjoy the ride.  As long as you're headed in the right direction (and you certainly are), don't sweat the small stuff.  Best of luck on your journey.

T-Vix
Hey T-Vix, to prove that while I had 15 minutes to spare I put the daily numbers for steps against my daily weigh-in, no correlation that I could see at all. So I didn't bother with anything more clever like correlation coefficients or anything. One day I could do 3,000 steps another 12,000 and the weight numbers do their own thing!

Cheers, N.

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2011, 02:08:51 PM »

At least you're finding it out early.  It can be really demoralizing to work your butt off and not get the results you would expect given the "math" that should work.  You are doing very well!  Congrats on the belt notch!  In the end, that's what really matters.

T-Vix

toadkid

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2011, 03:26:52 PM »

There will be times when you're being really really good, and the scale won't budge.  But you may see yourself getting smaller and your clothes getting looser.  Other times you might eat a ton and not gain an ounce.  It's just impossible to predict.  Relax and enjoy the ride.  As long as you're headed in the right direction (and you certainly are), don't sweat the small stuff.
So true!

Started 8 Oct 2010. First goal: lose 80 pounds.

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2011, 10:26:47 PM »

Hey all, just weighed myself and today I am 306.4 pounds. Wow. Two or three days of about the same weight then bang - 1.8 pounds off. So I've now lost 15 pounds in total, over a stone!!

Counter intuitively yesterday was a day of little exercise and a lovely meal with my wife and her father at an Italian Restaurant. I didn't eat as much as I normally do, but did have a main and dessert. I just managed the main (I had nothing to eat in the day beforehand except my meal replacement and four scoops of protein powder for muscle maintenance) and half of the dessert and couldn't eat any more. The tastes were brilliant though. I finished it off with a single and a double espresso. The fat / water percentages have moved a little on the scale so I suspect a bit of water retention - salty food again.

I can't help looking at the stats, but weight loss appears to have a pattern of steady few days, slows up a bit, then back on. Not a complete straight line, more like a leaf falling from a tree.

Thanks for your help :D woo!

N

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2011, 11:42:10 PM »

And 307.8 today :( so I've put 1.4 pounds back on. I'm hoping that this is because I went to the gym yesterday evening and had a bit of a tough workout on my back and arms - I'm not gaining any muscle because of the calorie deficit, but I'm hoping that I am at least not losing as much muscle as I could otherwise.

The body composition percentages were the same as yesterday apart from body fat % which showed an increase - hopefully this is actually fluid retention from the weights and not real fat, as shovelqueen pointed out as a symptom of the way that my scale uses bioelectric impedance to do its composition calculation.

:(

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2011, 07:45:27 AM »

Every time I work out hard, I usually am up a little bit from water retention.

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2011, 08:45:09 AM »

Every time I work out hard, I usually am up a little bit from water retention.
Good to know it might be because of that. I was thrown a little because it didn't happen last time I was at the gym, but I alternate the exercises I do. Maybe I didn't work as hard last time!

N.

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2011, 01:15:40 PM »

I'm going to ignore today's result and regroup. I have been really really tired for the last few days, have got a persistant sore throat and had to get up at 4:00am for an early flight. I think I must lose most of my weight while I sleep - at least I hope so based on what I weighed at 0415 this morning :(

Sanchiaza

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2011, 12:27:22 AM »

Just hang in there, numpty - the body seems to cling to its weight during periods of stress, lack of sleep and illness. This too shall pass!    8)

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2011, 10:26:12 PM »

Just hang in there, numpty - the body seems to cling to its weight during periods of stress, lack of sleep and illness. This too shall pass!    8)
Thanks for the support Sanchiaza - it keeps me going with the process and I've kept taking my mix of sugar water and oil throughout.

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2011, 10:32:15 PM »

A quick update after a trip away for a couple of days. Today I'm showing on the scale as 307.2 pounds, so not much movement over the last week. The proportions reported by the scale today are interesting though, body fat is showing as 34.1% which is the lowest my scale has ever measure me at (for the last year) and muscle mass is showing as 35%, which has shown a couple of times in the last week and is the highest I've ever had on this scale. And finally, body water percentage has also gone up to 48.2% which is also highest for me on this scale.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 01:03:28 AM by numpty01 »

Sanchiaza

« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2011, 11:36:14 PM »

I really like that scale of yours! You seem to have gained muscle and lost fat and increased your hydration - this is all very positive  :D

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2011, 11:26:42 PM »

On the scale today and my weight is 307.2 - exactly the same, with exactly the same stats across the board apart from body fat which is 34.2% today. But yes - I was at the gym yesterday and I can still feel the effects of the overhead press on my triceps, and this was the day I do the leg press too. From a lifting perspective I did well and added another 10 lbs to the weights I lifted - just no movement in my body stats  :) So far I have added 40 lbs to both lifts, which I think is progress.

From an SLD perspective the AS is good - I feel the need to eat, I am quite particular about flavours and I have to watch because I do eat because I feel full quickly. I do not have the cravings for food that I did.

So I think the visit to the gym means I will not see any overall body stats change today, I'm a bit impatient to start losing my next 14 pounds but I'll stick it out. I am still on my starting quantities of 1 tablespoon of sugar in water, 0.5 tablespoon of ELOO and 0.5 tablespoon of Rapeseed (Canola) taken before bed.

Cheers

N.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 12:45:23 AM by numpty01 »

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2011, 02:45:36 AM »

I am 306.2 today - yay, body fat is still 34.2% - I'll see if this is a mis reading due to my gym session on Friday or another shift. As the weekend brings an inevitable change in routine I'm very happy that things are holding steady. The pattern matching bit of my brain is spotting a six day cycle in weight drop - for the first couple of weeks I thought it was the weekend, but it has crept forward slightly.

As the FAQ mentions steady weight doesn't mean nothing is happening - I think my jeans belt is beginning to feel looser again, at this rate I'll need to buy new clothes.

Cheers

N.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 54   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18