Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Newbie Numpty having a go at SLD lost 70.6 pounds

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 54   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie Numpty having a go at SLD lost 70.6 pounds  (Read 288814 times)

numpty01

• Global Moderator
Re: Newbie Numpty having a go at SLD lost 36.2 pounds
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2011, 12:41:57 AM »

Ah well, that will teach me to use a password related to my login - my account and ticker got deleted.

I've recreated this account but may switch to another to keep you up to date.

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2011, 03:36:06 AM »

Now that I am over the annoyance at some vandal deleting my account, I thought I would post my brief opinion on progress. I am glad that I am now down to 312.2 lbs, or 22 Stone and 4.2 Lbs. This gives me renewed optimism that I will weigh less than 22 stones in the next two weeks. This is the next milestone i have in mind, and then after that my weight loss from when I started in January will be approaching 1 stone - another milestone!

shandy

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2011, 12:17:04 PM »

Well done you! :shock:

Curious as to what you do exercise wise - maybe you already mentioned it - forgive me I didnt read through all the posts.

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2011, 01:51:52 PM »

Well done you! :shock:

Curious as to what you do exercise wise - maybe you already mentioned it - forgive me I didnt read through all the posts.
Nothing much - I try and walk 5000+ steps each day (easier or harder depending on what I have on at the office) and I'm at the gym once every 4 days trying a progressive programme to bulk up. I only started back at the gym this month so I'm getting back in to the routine using a couple of machines each visit.

I am only two weeks in, but having carried my pedometer for over a year with little variance in weight (doing from 2,500 to 11,500 steps a day) the numbers seem to be working now with SLD each day i.e. the calorie burn vs consumption figures seem to be resulting in weight loss, and I lose more on days when I manage to go for a 45 minute to an hour walk.

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2011, 12:26:53 AM »

Hi All, due to the issue with my login I cannot update the title, so it is going to be out of date. But I am *very* pleased to say I am another pound less in weight - 311.2 pounds on my scale this morning. This was the day after I went out for lunch with colleagues, and had a lovely meal in the evening that my wife made of macaroni cheese. At lunchtime I picked something I wouldn't normally (confusing the staff there) and only eat half of my vegetable burger and some of my chips. I had to stress to them that even though I left half it tasted great - just that I was watching my portion sizes. Then I was very careful in the evening, but fully expected to put weight on - but as my wife pointed out, I didn't eat too much (I would normally go back for seconds because the taste is great). As I was busy with meetings etc I only got about 4,800 steps in so slightly short of my daily target.

I am really optimistic that I will pass 22 stone this week.  :o

N.

Sanchiaza

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2011, 06:59:05 AM »

OMG, macaroni cheese... another one of my downfalls!  :lol:

You are doing so amazingly well - awesome! And it's funny how people do react when you don't eat all the food on your plate... some take it so personally, as if there's a problem with the food or, by extension, them. Most odd.

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2011, 12:19:09 AM »

Another pound lost over yesterday, so I am now 310.2 pounds on my scale. And I had macaroni cheese leftovers from the previous day for my evening meal, but also in mitigation walked over 11,000 steps which burns about 1100 calories according to my pedometer.

I'm interested by the pattern developing, there will be some rounding on my scale but I have lost exactly 1 pound for the last three days, even though I have eaten and exercised different amounts - is this a pattern of SLD?

To summarise, 15 days on SLD, 11.2 pounds lost, now 310.2 pounds. Other stats from my scale today - body fat 34.6%, muscle mass 34.8%, body water 47.9%

N.  :D

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2011, 09:18:51 AM »

You're doing great, numpty - keep up the good work.  One word of advice, though.  Don't try to map what you eat & how much you exercise to what the scale says, or you will drive yourself absolutely insane.  The body just doesn't work like that.  There will be times when you're being really really good, and the scale won't budge.  But you may see yourself getting smaller and your clothes getting looser.  Other times you might eat a ton and not gain an ounce.  It's just impossible to predict.  Relax and enjoy the ride.  As long as you're headed in the right direction (and you certainly are), don't sweat the small stuff.  Best of luck on your journey.

T-Vix

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2011, 12:29:09 PM »

Cheers T-Vix, I'm very happy with the trend, I'll work on the compulsive record keeping  :D

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2011, 01:24:53 AM »

Hi All, I was 308.8 pounds yesterday, but 308.6 today. Not unexpected, yesterday was also the day I do the gym routine that works my legs and I've had water retention because of that before. The underlying stats seem to bear this out:

DateWeightBody Fat %Muscle %Water%
3rd Feb 2011308.834.634.947.9
4th Feb 2011308.634.334.948.1
5th Feb 2011308.034.334.948.1
11th Feb 2011307.234.135.048.2

Still confident that I will go below 22 stone this weekend  :D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 01:05:09 AM by numpty01 »

hopefulskeptic

« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2011, 05:56:24 AM »

Congratulations! You're really inspiring me to start exercising again. Whenever I near the 130s I think my weight is low enough for me to start focusing not just on being thinner, but on being more toned. I've learned that aerobic stuff increases my appetite, so last time I tried I started to do weight lifting. Still, the water retention that I experienced initially set me into a panic. It's fantastic to see you exercising and consistently losing, and having such a rational attitude to whatever blips you see due to working out!
I'm 5'7. This is my second round with SLD, and I'm in my fourth week.

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2011, 12:55:03 PM »

Hey - all the best, I've been to the gym from time to time over the years but have a tendency to go too far and get ill. I also enjoy weights a lot more than aerobic, so I'm trying this programme which has more and more days between sessions as the weight increases - it goes up 10lbs each time.

I'm not sure about being rational, what I'd love to do is not think about weight loss as much as I do but I'm so surprised at having found a way to do it that I can't get over it.

I'm away from home for two days next week on a business trip, so I'm trying to work out how to take my oils and sugar with me.

N. :D

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2011, 04:49:43 AM »

It's crawling off again, down to 308 pounds today. I shouldn't grumble, the healthly 2 pounds a week works out at 0.28 pounds a day and I am losing more than that! I'm beginning to see tek_vixen's comments pan out - the weight loss seems to do its own thing :)

Out for a family meal tomorrow, so really hoping I don't reverse the progress. My next target is to have lost over a stone in weight i.e get under 307 pounds , then I'm going to treat to a pair of Motorcycle Enduro gloves. :)

N.

hopefulskeptic

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2011, 11:50:16 AM »

Hey Numpty, Just wanted to let you know I went to the gym, largely because I'm so inspired by your progress while exercising, in part because I just needed to get active. Thanks for posting your journey!
I'm 5'7. This is my second round with SLD, and I'm in my fourth week.

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2011, 01:15:38 AM »

Hey Numpty, Just wanted to let you know I went to the gym, largely because I'm so inspired by your progress while exercising, in part because I just needed to get active. Thanks for posting your journey!
Excellent - find something you like and that works for you, that way you will keep going back! Excellent.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 54   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18