Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Three Years and It Works

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Three Years and It Works  (Read 6697 times)

m.c.

• Pluckychickenheart
Three Years and It Works
« on: January 04, 2011, 05:19:59 AM »

Heellllooo Shangri-La Folk,

Its been..ummmm...like forever since I have posted. In fact my hair is now long and I wanted to post a new avatar but that did not exactly work and I managed to lose the one that was there.  :( Typical.

So anyway...I wanted to come back to tell anyone who cares and Seth specifically that Oil Works for me. About the time that I stopped posting regularly over a year ago I decided to do something radical by just following the tenets of the diet without major tweaking, or thinking or over thinking etc....

What I found is this:

While my general appetite is reduced without question somedays I am massively hungry. So I eat. Other days I am not so hungry. So I don't eat as much. I exercise some for bone and heart health but only 4 times or so per week.

At the beginning of this experiment my weight crept up a little. Not much but I noticed and I decided not to worry about it. Once I started following my body cues everything leveled out.

I eat cheese. ( my good hdl is 161, I'm 43) I eat ice cream. At one point last summer every day for three months. I did not climb on a scale for a year because it was a hindrance to the process. But when I was weighed one month ago at an annual checkup I weighed 127. Given the way my clothes fit I can pretty much tell you that is where I have been for a year now. Did I mention that I eat cheese and ice cream?

So what am I saying? I drink my oil roughly 5 to 6 days per week. I eat what I want when I want. My weight is fine. I don't think about it much. It works. Thank Seth. :D

One Million Thanks!
Mari
Have arrived at the new Normal.

shovelqueen

Re: Three Years and It Works
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 05:51:36 AM »

So great to hear from you, m.c.!! :D  And so great to hear about what works in the long run.  Inspiring!

"Strength, balance, joy!"

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 08:15:48 AM »

Yay!  MC!  I'm happy to see you here again! 

And glad to hear about how things have been working for you!  I love that you mention how you eat ice cream and cheese, I think the way that SLD really succeeds is that you don't have to cut out ANYTHING, as long as you listen to your body's signals.  I think what is problematic for many people is that while you can use SLD to counteract the feelings of deprivation that come with many diets, that counteraction only lasts for a while, and the psychological strain of say, never eating carbs or refusing to eat anything "unhealthy" like fried food or ice cream, gets to you and you give up.  At least that seems to be the going trend for many people.

I have found that SLD was almost impossible to stick to any time I tried altering my eating habits (for example conciously making the switch to "healthier foods" or going low carb), but when I just go with the flow and let the AS do its trick, I automatically crave healthy foods, automatically eat less calories, automatically can indulge without going overboard!

toadkid

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 09:21:06 AM »

I love that you mention how you eat ice cream and cheese, I think the way that SLD really succeeds is that you don't have to cut out ANYTHING, as long as you listen to your body's signals.... when I just go with the flow and let the AS do its trick, I automatically crave healthy foods, automatically eat less calories, automatically can indulge without going overboard!
Amen to that!

Started 8 Oct 2010. First goal: lose 80 pounds.

m.c.

• Pluckychickenheart
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 09:46:40 AM »

Hi Goblyn and SQ!,

Goblyn you are so right. I had to really let go before SLD did its thing. Thank goodness I finally tuned in. Plus Im a much more relaxed person to be around. Not ever eating chocolate was beginning to be a problem. :lol:

VeganKitten

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 04:03:36 PM »

Hiiiiiiiiii M.C.!! Nice to hear from you. Sounds like you really are in Shangri-La  :lol:

So, I remember we were similar height and build. I gained several pounds back over the last 18 months or so (got to a high of 146 pounds  :x ), NOT SO coincidentally while training for (and completing) 2 triathlons and a 150-mile bike event, and lifting heavy.

I'm finally losing again, I exercise for mood and health and for fun (what a concept!), but I'm not training for big events anymore.

Can I ask exactly which oil you're taking, and how much?

I have gotten into the habit of skipping the oil (too many calories!) and relying on alternate-day fasting and some nose-clipping, and it is working, but takes a tremendous amount of discipline.

m.c.

• Pluckychickenheart
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 04:10:40 PM »

Hi V.K!! Its great to hear from you too! I can imagine that training as intensely as you have would contribute to weight gain. But that is a cool challenge you took on.

I have been a loyal consumer of organic canola oil for over a year now. I seem to get the best, most consistent results with it.

I think the key for me has been trust. I did not step on a scale for a year. I just let it go. I didn't even know my weight until a doctors appt. one month ago.

When I started ignoring the scale I also ( while committing to just oil) decided to eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I've eaten a lot of S*&* in the last year. :lol:
and my weight did go up initially. ( I could tell by my pants) but its all leveled off. No massive everyday hunger thanks to Oil+ No deprivation = No cravings + no judgment=weight loss. ( I was weak in algebra, forgive the math)

I honestly believe there is an element of this where weight stays on the more one attempts to control it. Once I decided there was nothing to control, there really was nothing to control.

m.c.

• Pluckychickenheart
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 04:12:32 PM »

Oh I forgot 2 tablespoons of Canola  :D

m.c.

• Pluckychickenheart
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 04:19:16 PM »

Lord...one more thing... :? and this may really annoy people and I'm not saying this is the case for everybody or the only factor BUT I also decided deliberately in the last year to let go of lots of mental emotional baggage. I found there is really very little in life worth perseverating on. Control of any sort is pure illusion.

Sokay, 'nuff deep thoughts for a Friday night. :lol:

Mari

VeganKitten

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 07:51:50 PM »

I LOVE IT. Good for you. Have a fantastic 2011!!!

m.c.

• Pluckychickenheart
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 07:36:32 PM »

Thanks VK! I wish the same for you and every other SDL'r out there! :)

Ainsprid

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 12:53:16 PM »

Hello m.c. ^^

I'm not sure we ever really met, but it's always been good reading your posts!
Even better reading this post - you sound so happy! Thanks for sharing it with
us. It might be an idea to post this in the 'I Made It!'-section as well? :)

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 07:44:18 AM »

Oh m.c., the letting go of emotional baggage thing is awesome!  Its also part of the Gabriel Method, and I truly, truly, truly believe that you can't make positive changes to your health and body while keeping so much resentment!  I love that you mentioned that, because it reminded me that I should re-read the Gabriel Method book.

When I read it the first time, it was like all these little lightbulbs went off in my mind, and it was quite cathartic, I truly think I got rid of some of that emotional baggage simply by reading the book.  I have since picked up MORE emotional baggage, and while my weight hasn't been affected (though my weight loss has stalled out again), I am POSITIVE that some of the other bad things in my life at the moment could also be bad just because of said emotional baggage! 

So anyways, I'm soooo happy for you, I think whenever anyone lets go of the negativity its a good thing! :)

Ainsprid

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 12:55:59 PM »

Since I read that post about letting go of emotional baggage, I started
to try and not pay attention to things that irritate me.. Just let it go, don't
worry about unimportant things. I don't know if it has anything to do with
it, but today I felt unbelievably happy!

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 10:09:23 AM »

hello mc
hello ainsprid
hello vk
hello goblyn

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18