Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
A different way to do intermittent fasting-

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A different way to do intermittent fasting-  (Read 6629 times)

babyhopes

A different way to do intermittent fasting-
« on: January 03, 2011, 12:44:19 AM »

I recently read this thread and found this way of IF a lot easier than fast 5 and JUDD, etc that I tried before, just thought to share, works well with SLD

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/intermittent-fasting/fast-way-to-better-health/

babyhopes

Re: A different way to do intermittent fasting-
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 01:58:28 AM »

Basically, this gist is that you eat till 6pm on the day you start and then fast on only water, tea or coffee with nothing added till 6 pm the next day- then eat till 6pm the following the day-24 hours for eating day and 24 hours for fasting day- you end up eating every day-I noticed a quick strong AS when I followed it and super AS when I did my butter SLD calories with it

Kainin

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 01:24:43 PM »

It sounds interesting. When do you take your oil though? At the transition time? For example, you pick 6 pm everyday as the time of transition and not eat an hour before or afterwards?

If you try this out, it would be interesting to hear how it goes. I'd guess it would be tough at times since you'd be breaking habits of eating and also trying to live according to a schedule out of sync with the rest of world. But I think as the new habit ingrains itself it would get easier.

babyhopes

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 03:03:14 AM »

Well, I tried it two ways-

First, I ate the first day till 6pm, the fasted on water, tea, etc till the next morning about 9am or 10am and make my butter tea but didnt add milk- I made the black tea and the added the raw butter to melt and a tiny sprinklin of salt- i didnt noseclip that time and then on water, tea and coffee till 6pm and ate and then the next morning of the eating time had my sld calories as normal and stopped at 6pm etc

I also tried it to only have the sld cals on the eating 24 hours and not during the fasting period

The best AS and weight loss was the first way- but I kept wondering if I was losing the health benefits of the 24 hour fast period for HGH hormone and lower homocysteine etc which are of interest to me for increasing my fertility rates because of my hormone imbalances and thyroid stuff.

I hope this helps

abs999

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 02:22:38 AM »

The tea, greens, and BCAAs aren’t essential to fasting, but in our experience, they make it a lot easier.

Drinking water in particular helps to mitigate feelings of hunger.

Be aware of your body cues. Feeling stressed out or “upset” during your fast? Relax. Take a few deep breaths, and pay close attention — this is what hunger can feel like. The more you know about the feeling, the easier it is to manage in the future.

Have healthy food (lean meats, veggies, etc.) in the house and ready to go when you “break” the fast on Sunday night with a small meal. We suggest a tablespoon of almond butter and some celery. Also, having healthy food in the house is good insurance that you won’t binge on Monday when you return to normal eating.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18