Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
fast-5 with SLD -how did you do it?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: fast-5 with SLD -how did you do it?  (Read 5052 times)

nat76

fast-5 with SLD -how did you do it?
« on: December 30, 2010, 09:02:06 AM »

Hi everybody,
I am back to SLD and I am curious to know how some of you did fast-5 with SLD? Can you do the 5 hours windows of eating during the day? When do you take the oil?
Taking the oil in the morning after a couple of cups of black coffee, then eating from 1pm to 6pm, with herbal tea at night, is that a realistic option?
I would appreciate some input from those of you who tried it.
I have so much weight to lose that it seems a bit overwhelming...
Thanks,
Nat76

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
Re: fast-5 with SLD -how did you do it?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 08:16:40 AM »

I think that your plan of attack with fast 5 sounds logical enough, though I gather the oil should be taken within the 5 hour eating window (obviously you'd have to, say, take your oil at 1 and then not eat anything until 2). 

HOWEVER, my most successful SLD experience has always come from:

Oil in the morning instead of breakfast
Coffee after my 1 hour window (made with milk, and lately, chocolate syrup lol)
No lunch (the oil gives me good enough AS to usually skip lunch), but possible light snacking, such as fruit or a small amount of soup or similar.
Regular sized evening meal
Evening snacking (though obviously I do best when I snack the least).

Which kind of sounds like your plan anyways, just with the time frame moved a little bit.  I have been completely unable to give up evening snacking, and so I would rather skip lunch than not do the evening snack.

babyhopes

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 01:16:00 AM »

Wow thanks Gobyln for sharing your plan-I will have to try that too-with my butter instead of oil of course :)

Nat76-I did Fast 5 with SLD and would do as Gobyln says with the oil first thing in the window and eat an hour later-but I found it too hard to stick too-so I also tried eating some food and then oil after an hour and then waiting an hour to eat again and finishing in the window

babyhopes

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 03:11:20 AM »

Off the subject-but I wish we had access here (I am in North Africa) to all the things you have like chia seeds and konjac powder, etc or the various oils like VCO-

I remembered this because of one woman's great success using chia seeds and fast 5

My biggest problem is my overwhelming appetite and overeating when I do IF- if I didnt I would stick to it because I love not eating all the time- I just have a lot of trouble maintaining fasting over the long term because I need to lose weight and cant afford the weight gain you can get in the beginnging during adjustment.

just talking to myself out loud :)

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 08:10:20 AM »

Ooooh, babyhopes, you reminded me.  I also take probably 3 tablespoons of soaked chia seeds with my oil in the morning, I find it helps to both slow the digestion of the oil (and thus increase AS) as well as to prevent the queasiness that happens when you take oil on an empty stomach.

Phoebe

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 10:44:22 AM »

Hi Nat76,
For what it's worth, I do fast-five sporadically, especially on days when I'm going to be out of the house and away from food for a long time.  I do SLD oil and sugar water when I hit a weight loss plateau and feel my body pushing me to eat and gain back the weight I've lost.  I rarely do SLD and fast-five on the same day.  Both are very helpful tools I use when I need a little boost in the AS/weight loss department.

My biggest problem is my overwhelming appetite and overeating when I do IF- if I didnt I would stick to it because I love not eating all the time- I just have a lot of trouble maintaining fasting over the long term because I need to lose weight and cant afford the weight gain you can get in the beginnging during adjustment.

Hi babyhopes,
Have you looked into the Up Day Down Day Diet, where you alternate low and high calorie days?  That might be easier to combine with SLD and maintain over the long term than fast-five would be, and the low calorie days could be fast-five days if you wanted them to be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18