Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Where Do People Go?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where Do People Go?  (Read 6530 times)

jenniferleia

Where Do People Go?
« on: December 02, 2010, 11:32:07 AM »

I dont want to sound cheeky, but just curious......seems like the plan works for people and then they just dissapear.  Does this mean it stopped working or they just got bored (or too busy) of the forums?

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
Re: Where Do People Go?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 06:08:28 AM »

I think there are several scenarios:

1.  They stop doing the program for various reasons and are embarassed to come back
2.  The SLD method, once you have found your groove, is rather repetitive and boring.  If you're not one of the people who get a benefit out of writing down your experiences here, then once you figure everything out, you don't really feel the need to come back and post:  "lost 1 lb this week, took 2 tablespoons of oil daily."
3.  When people reach their goals, they do tend to forget about the rest of us, lol.  I think that maintenence is pretty uneventful on SLD, and we often don't hear from people until they are back on SLD to get rid of the post holiday bloat or some other issue.

Caligal

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 08:18:15 AM »

I think there are several scenarios:

1.  They stop doing the program for various reasons and are embarassed to come back
2.  The SLD method, once you have found your groove, is rather repetitive and boring.  If you're not one of the people who get a benefit out of writing down your experiences here, then once you figure everything out, you don't really feel the need to come back and post:  "lost 1 lb this week, took 2 tablespoons of oil daily."
3.  When people reach their goals, they do tend to forget about the rest of us, lol.  I think that maintenence is pretty uneventful on SLD, and we often don't hear from people until they are back on SLD to get rid of the post holiday bloat or some other issue.

I'm a little of all of the above, I read often, but rarely post anymore....but we're out here!

CALIGAL
Member since 2006
Restarting Jan 09

Tandoori Trilobite

• Aspiring gutless wonder
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 03:52:23 AM »

What goblyn said, and more.

People who have achieved a satisfactory result with SLD won't necessarily continue with it for the long term.  I, for instance, have assessed that following classic SLD is not a suitable long-term proposition for me.  I won't go into a detailed explanation here why, but, while I lived SLD very rigorously for six months back over 2006/2007 -- and was well rewarded for it at the time -- my judgement is that it will not be realistically effective and maintainable for me as a permanent routine.  Therefore, if you're no longer following SLD, you might wonder whether what you could say about your maintenance is relevant or on-topic for the board.

That's something that I thought about for a while before posting here a few weeks ago after being unheard-from for most of 2010.  Just about any weight-loss methodology could be combined with SLD -- and there is wide-ranging discussion here about such complementary techniques -- so, for what it was worth, I thought I might as well document my own non-SLD activities in that same spirit.

When you're still in your honeymoon period with SLD and getting regular positively-reinforcing results for it, you can feel pretty motivated to post blow-by-blow reports of the kind that goblyn alluded to.  Further into the long haul, what was previously new and exciting is now routine, and, if you're not a very chatty person, it can feel as if there's not much for you to say.

Personally, I'm happy to just put in a bigger-picture post from time to time, and make a contribution that way.

jenniferleia

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 05:19:33 AM »

Hmmmm....that all makes sense.  Very interesting. 

dgrillot2000

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 09:36:15 AM »

I am back.  Here is my brief history.  Started LSD (walnut oil) in 2005 or 2006...can't remember exactly when.
Initial weight = 250  lost 40lbs in about six months to 210.  Had good AS initially, then it kinda faded.
Got busy and took my eye off the weight.
Slowly over about 5 years my weight crept to 238
Tried oil again without much effect.
I am now doing nose clipping and oil and to my surprise have had very good AS with noseclipping and oil.....oil by itself did not work this time  around. 
So far I have lost about 7 pounds in the first week.
Methinks the noseclipping despite the uncomfortableness might be the way to go.

We shall see what we shall see....goal is somewhere under 210lbs

I THINK I CAN. I THINK I MIGHT. I THOUGHT I COULD!  I THINK I WILL!

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 01:18:53 PM »

I am back. ...

We shall see what we shall see....goal is somewhere under 210lbs

All the best :D

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 01:36:05 AM »

Walnut oil has a smell. The reason it stopped working is that you learned to associate the smell with its calories. You can noseclip any food and lose weight, so long as you noseclip enough calories.

Brenda324

• My SLD Page on This Forum w/ My Tracking Info
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 10:02:47 AM »

Hmm, I'm not noticing a smell or a taste with my walnut oil. Maybe some brands refine more of it out than others? I'm using Spectrum, the only refined one I have access to.

dgrillot2000

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 11:14:08 AM »

Classical conditioning to the taste of walnut oil is a very interesting idea.
I have found the taste of walnut oil rather mild and OK, and rinsing before and after could help.  I know others do not like the taste of walnut oil.

I wonder if I will classically condition the nose-plugs to calories like the Pavlovian dog to the dinner bell....hmmm .... half in gest.

I THINK I CAN. I THINK I MIGHT. I THOUGHT I COULD!  I THINK I WILL!

soooz

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 02:49:29 AM »

You pulled me back with your post!!   8)

There's a sense of 'falling off the wagon' and potential failure if you find yourself not doing the SLD 'as it says on the tin' perhaps?  I know that almost stopped me updating. 
Many reasons why I couldn't take to the oil/substitutes and why I wasn't quite ok about too much AS (unusual, I know) but I've gleaned some good things from SLD how it 'fits me' and I'm open to experimenting with it if I should find my weight a struggle in the future. 
I have updated my post today and have explained what I'm doing rather than disappearing, so thanks for that and do pop and read it if it helps any ;D

deMuralist

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 10:56:51 AM »

I am hoping that by responding to threads it will generate some more activity!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18