Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
10 weeks on SLD, 6 week plateau

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10 weeks on SLD, 6 week plateau  (Read 2713 times)

jessie1008

10 weeks on SLD, 6 week plateau
« on: November 08, 2010, 08:49:56 AM »

Hello everyone! I've been reading posts and really appreciate that everyone shares their personal experiences! I had great success in my first 4 weeks of SLD, I lost 6 lbs taking 2 T of ELOO per day with serious AS. I've continued with this dose amount and still have AS but the scale hasn't moved in the past 6 weeks. I'm exercising and eating from 1,000 - 1,200 calories per day (including oil calories). I tried a platinum coffee last week with a tablespoon of coconut oil but it made me nauseous; I'll try again with a teaspoon. I'm thinking of upping my ELOO dosage to 2.5 T of oil per day (on days without platinum calories). Another option is changing to Canola oil but I haven't tried it yet. Can you please let me know what's worked for you when you've plateau'd? How long of a plateau have you experienced? Thanks in advance!

SaintD

Re: 10 weeks on SLD, 6 week plateau
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 11:15:56 AM »

I've been on SLD since the end of July. I lost 10 pounds pretty fast (6 weeks), but have been in a holding pattern ever since.

Plateaus are normal, say the old hands. This one is getting a little old if you ask me. The other benifits I am getting are worth taking the oil without additional weight loss. Considering this is the time of year I generally put on pounds, I am just happy to not be gaining. I also tried adding heavy cream to my morning coffee. I think it helped me to wake up on time better, but I didn't get any extra AS or loss from it. I wasn't taking very much though. 1/2 tablespoon in a shot of esspresso.

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 07:00:59 AM »

Plateaus ARE normal!  It gets tiresome, I spent November 2009 through probably April of 2010 on a plateau (well not exactly, I would lose 5 lbs, then gain 6, then lose 3 then gain 2, then lose 4 then gain 5, you get the picture)!  But during that time my body shrank, and I didn't gain weight, which is amazing as the winter months usually equal weight gain for me.

While the only thing that changed that plateau for me was discovering The Gabriel Method and chia seeds, in the past I had encountered several plateaus as well and found that shaking things up works.  By which I mean, change SOMETHING about your eating and SLD habits.  Change the timing of your oil, change oils, do a different method, noseclip, try platinum calories (which apparently aren't working for you, they did NOT work for me either), eat lower carb, eat higher carb, try new suppliments.

And THEN, if that doesn't work, by this point you'll have gotten out of your routine of a few tablespoons of oil, so just return to what originally worked.  This usually does the trick! 

The other thing you may want to do is measure your body and see if you are losing inches instead of lbs!  I found that almost every time my weight plateaued, my body shrank during that time, which really, is more important than the weight loss. 

jessie1008

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 12:01:41 PM »

Thank you Goblyn, and good luck SaintD!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18