Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
I think I am losing too fast

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I think I am losing too fast  (Read 6117 times)

Juche

I think I am losing too fast
« on: October 21, 2010, 04:30:17 PM »

Well, to be fair I have only been doing this for a week. But in the week I have seen my appetite decrease by about 1500~ calories a day while my NEAT activity has gone up, likely burning several hundred calories a day due to more activity.

I am about 290 pounds, so my set point is high. Others have said that heavier, fatter people like myself see strong responses to this diet. So far, that has been the case.

I am actually starting to worry that if I keep eating too little I am going to run into issues with gallbladder problems or loose skin. Running a deficit of about 2000, and up to 2500 calories a day could lead to problems, and that has been where I have been running. I ended up trying to eat a decent amount of pizza tonight just to reduce my deficit to more manageable levels.

But another part of me is worried if I lower my dose of sugar/oil, use it intermittently, etc then it will stop working.

I think I'll just add another 500 calories a day into my diet, even if I don't feel hungry enough to seek them out. I'd like to keep my daily caloric deficits to 1500 or less.

I will say though this is the only time in my life where painlessly losing weight so quickly to the point where I worry about side effects has ever been an issue.

TalkingRat

Re: I think I am losing too fast
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 11:37:40 AM »

Juche, if it's only been a week, I wouldn't be concerned.  If you are not hungry, don't eat.   If you are worried that your appetite may never return, trust me, it will.  Disinterest in food is a weird feeling, but it won't last nearly long enough.  :lol:

Right now, setpoint is lower than your weight.  You will lose weight until your weight reaches or falls below setpoint, and then you will get hungry.  Setpoint is usually not far from weight, so you won't have long to wait before you are hungry again.  Wait out the hunger, let your setpoint drop, and when it again falls below weight, AS returns.  But if you eat when you are not hungry, your setpoint goes up, and weight tends to follow.  

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18