Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Have you heard of Herman Taller?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Have you heard of Herman Taller?  (Read 6907 times)

VeganKitten

Have you heard of Herman Taller?
« on: August 23, 2010, 08:27:55 PM »

Little-known brother of Hiswoman Shorter! Ok, I kid.

http://www.amazon.com/Calories-Dont-Count-herman-taller/dp/B00176DRMY

"I can remember my mom standing in the kitchen downing a shot glass of safflower oil before every meal, and the look on her face each time she did this. She stayed with this diet and dropped forty pounds in no time. She never gained it back. Mom's method wasn't exactly the way Doctor Taller said to take it..."

Interesting, no?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herman_Taller

Ratty

Re: Have you heard of Herman Taller?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 04:35:38 AM »

Inspired by this post, I ordered a second hand copy book. It took a while to get to me from the States (I'm in the UK) and it has taken me a while to get started with it.

Essentially, its a high fat, low carb plan with oil doses before each meal. He recommends high linoleic oils, particularly safflower and he suggests taking 2 tablespoons before each meal. He doesn't go into detail on how long before.

Although I am worried about the health impact of guzzling safflower oil, I am giving it a go. I can not bring myself to have more than one tablespoon of oil each time.

I have to report that, so far, so good. I am applying the platinum calorie logic as well (just having the oil with tea or coffee, within a 2 hour window) because that also worked well for me.

One thing I thought was worth sharing was the notion of "appetite stimulants". I read somewhere that caffeine withdrawal symptoms can feel like hunger and have had more success since giving it up entirely :(. I haven't been able to take that step with wine yet but am certain that is also slowing down my progress. More on appetite stimulants here: http://www.wellsphere.com/heart-health-article/appetite-stimulants/218697.

2monkeymom

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 01:01:16 PM »

I know this is an old topic, but I have spoken with my mom recently about this and her dad (my late grandfather) used Herman Taller's method to lose about 25 lbs or so in the 1960's.  It was actually our discussion of that that made her take a look at trying SLD herself to support her modified Atkins eating plan.

Seth Roberts

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 04:03:31 PM »

I didn't know about this -- glad to learn! Somehow I missed VeganKitten's original post last year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18