Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
The stomachs ability to taste sugar.

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The stomachs ability to taste sugar.  (Read 4357 times)

SaintD

The stomachs ability to taste sugar.
« on: August 04, 2010, 03:21:20 PM »

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/feature/id/57132/title/Stomach%E2%80%99s_Sweet_Tooth

I just read this recently in Science News. The stomach can taste sweet. Artificial sweeteners may be tricking the stomach into increasing the bodies set point!

-D

Sanchiaza

Re: The stomachs ability to taste sugar.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 01:00:53 AM »

I always suspected that artificial sweetners were worse than the research let on. Personally, I can't stand them and won't use them. Although, sugar is pretty dangerous too!

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 03:31:56 PM »

Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap, and DOUBLE CRAP!!!!!!

I've known since my first attempt at SLD that this is true.  I lost my taste for Diet Coke after a few weeks on the oil, and started losing weight much faster on the same number of calories (so much for calories in/ calories out).  And I suspect it was me letting the Diet Coke sneak back in that contributed to my rebound weight gain.  I guess I need to taper off and then vow to never ever ever ever have it again.  The good news is that I've only been having one on most days, and now that I'm back on the oil, I'm starting to lose interest in it partway through the bottle.  I've even put it back in the fridge partially full.  The real question is:  what does one drink with pizza and mexican food if not soda?  Water doesn't cut it for me.  I HATE beer.  And I probably shouldn't be drinking margaritas (especially not with pizza  :lol:).  Grrrrrrrrr......

T-Vix

P.S.  Do you suppose this applies to stevia too?  Probably, huh?

VeganKitten

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 04:01:52 PM »

P.S.  Do you suppose this applies to stevia too?  Probably, huh?

That was the first thing I thought of  :?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18