Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
a new informative blog - very well researched

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a new informative blog - very well researched  (Read 4874 times)

bleeding

a new informative blog - very well researched
« on: August 04, 2010, 02:24:43 PM »

James Krieger's new site:

http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/

Especially check out the articles on Insulin - you could spend months researching these things on your own and not get as good an education

http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=459
http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=319

I've been interested in insulin a long, LONG time & learned new stuff from these  ... and there's more coming in this series

NTB

• Getting Stronger
Re: a new informative blog - very well researched
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 12:41:29 AM »

bleeding,

Thanks so much for this link!  James Krieger is extremely well versed and articulate about nutritional science, and has been willing to challenge orthodoxy about insulin in his "Weightology" blog. I agree with a number of his observations, particularly regarding insulin resistance.  Nevertheless, I disagree with his contention that the insulin response cannot cause hunger.  I think he has misinterpreted and glossed over contrary findings in many of the articles he cites to support his views.

I've engaged in a running debate with him on his site.  You can check it out and be the judge for yourself. My dialogue with James starts on Aug. 13 as Post #22 of his first article on "Insulin: an Undeserved Bad Reputation":

http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=319

Thanks for this and please keep posting stuff like this!

Todd
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 02:10:38 PM by NTB »
Click HERE to check out the Deconditioning Diet and other self-improvement ideas on my blog "Getting Stronger"

NTB

• Getting Stronger
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 01:33:15 PM »

bleeding,

Well your post really started something.  I'm quite intrigued by Krieger and these other "insulin skeptics" who have turned the spotlight away from insulin and onto ASP (acylation stimulating protein) as the primary hormone involved in fat accumulation.  I'm intrigued, but still not convinced by their arguments.  I've been engaged in an ongoing debate about this, not only on Krieger's Weightology site, but also on Jimmy Moore's low carb site, and on a new blog by one of the most vocal and articulate of the insulin skeptics, who goes by the pseudonym "CarbSane".  For those interested in this debate, here are the links:

"Does Insulin Deserve A Bad Reputation?" (Jimmy Moore) - scroll half-way down the column to see my contribution
"Insulin Wars" (My Carb Sane Asylum) - a debate between me and Carbsane.

CarbSane and others argue that the role of insulin in fat storage has been overstated and misunderstood.  CarbSane further contents that there is nothing special about lowcarb, but that weight loss is purely a matter of calories in minus calories out.  And yet she herself eats a primarily low carb diet.

Enjoy!

Thanks for this and please keep posting stuff like this!

Todd
Click HERE to check out the Deconditioning Diet and other self-improvement ideas on my blog "Getting Stronger"

Sanchiaza

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 01:41:53 AM »

Thanks for this, Todd, I've had a read and it's most interesting.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18