Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
CHIA!!!!!!

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: CHIA!!!!!!  (Read 31178 times)

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
Re: CHIA!!!!!!
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2010, 07:30:39 AM »

SQ, you don't notice that the dry chia lumps together in big blobs?  I ran out of presoaked chia yesterday and had to add it dry to my iced cofee and half of it floated at the top and was totally normal chia, the other half sank to the bottom and became three giant chunks of clumpy chia gel.  It wasn't unpleasant, but it didn't just go down easily, i had to chew it up and swallow to get it down.

So I suggested that my bf starts taking chia w/ food.  I think his problem may be that he's taking chia on a completely empty stomach first thing in the morning.  He's going to try it and see if he has any differences.  After all, chia isn't supposed to be flavor free calories, I'm sure the aztecs weren't obeying a 2 hour window around the chia, they most likely just added it to normal food.

shovelqueen

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2010, 08:43:29 AM »

You HAVE to keep the chia moving for the first 2 minutes or so, until the swelling and gelling process starts.  Then it won't clump. I put it into a bottle, recap and swish gently for a few minutes.

"Strength, balance, joy!"

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2010, 11:40:54 AM »

aha, good idea.  I take my ice coffee to work in a big sport water bottle thingy, I could just keep shaking it until it stays separate.

tallfilmster

« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2010, 10:43:43 AM »

I'm just making a batch of Chia gel and keeping it in the fridge.  I add it to my oatmeal and cold beverages as needed throughout the day to hold me over.

Sanchiaza

« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2010, 06:13:08 AM »

Well, I got some chia! I actually feel like shouting it from the rooftops  :lol:  One of my friends went overseas and came back with some of it for me. I had an experimental quarter teaspoon in a little water, and it's yummy! I really like the texture and that little crunch. If it wasn't so darned expensive to do, I'd import the stuff and sell it here!

adamintz

« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2012, 11:44:29 PM »

So -- I have read this entire thread, and people are talking about chia as if it has inherently appetite-suppressant (AS) properties -- but as far as I know it's just another food, albeit a really healthy food, in that respect.  If you mix it with coffee or any other food with flavor, it's still got all of its great omega 3 and other contents, but at that point it isn't flavorless and isn't an implementation of the SLD.  Right?  Or am I missing something?

numpty01

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2012, 06:46:56 AM »

So -- I have read this entire thread, and people are talking about chia as if it has inherently appetite-suppressant (AS) properties -- but as far as I know it's just another food, albeit a really healthy food, in that respect.  If you mix it with coffee or any other food with flavor, it's still got all of its great omega 3 and other contents, but at that point it isn't flavorless and isn't an implementation of the SLD.  Right?  Or am I missing something?
Not missing anything SLD wise - if you have chia on its own soaked in water then the gel doesn't have any taste (but my imagination thought frogspawn).

But there is a non-SLD AS concept described elsewhere which you'll see called platinum calories. You'd need to look it up to see if it corresponds to this idea.

N.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18