Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Gabriel Method

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gabriel Method  (Read 16466 times)

Juche

Re: Gabriel Method
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2010, 06:46:39 AM »

What is the Gabriel Method? I am trying to look it up online and can't really find anything. The impression I get though is it is about trying to program your subconscious mind to think you are thinner. Is that the jist of it?

If so, i have read another book called 'chunk to hunk' that was about the same concept. However, he hasn't posted anything since 2007 which makes me think he may have gained it all back and is ashamed to admit it.

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2010, 07:06:07 AM »

Juche, here is a link to the GM forums:  http://www.gabrielmethod.com/forum/index.php 

Basically it boils down to visualizations to help you lose weight.  There's more to it than that, but its really kind of like "The Secret" but with a little bit of extra thrown in.

Also he address a lot of the stress/emotional factors in weight loss.  His theory is that those of us who are naturally overweight are so because our bodies respond to stressors by retaining or gaining weight, the idea of which is that your body thinks its protecting you (if you look in nature for example, an animal can be intimidating simply because of its size, in our modern society an extremely overweight person is not particularly threatening, but its not hard to see the connection). 

I like to imagine that SLD is the weight loss equivalent of a psychologist.  You'd go to them and they'd discover that your mental issue can be treated with such and such a medication.  But that's only addressing the physical problems, so you go to a therapist, which is the equivalent of GM, and they'll help you work through your emotional problems.

Ainsprid

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2011, 01:15:17 PM »

I would like to bump up this topic a bit, because I have just read Jon Gabriel's book. As I think everyone here said, it really feels like finding another piece of the puzzle. It's great! Just like LittlePlum, I got really interested in the sprint intervals, and I've tried it once now. I have to say my muscles are really stiff and sore right now, but I was really amazed while reading about the sprint intervals. I just can't keep up the sprints for a long time.. but I think your body is more easily trained in sprints than in 'regular' running?

Goblyn, I thought you were doing sprint intervals as well? Were you doing them because you had read about them in the Gabriel Method, or for another reason? Also, you've been 'on' the Gabriel Method for quite a while now, right? How's it going so far? (I only wish I had found out about it sooner! Well I'm happy I found it now :D)

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2011, 06:17:12 AM »

I had been doing sprintervals as my exercise in 09 back before discovering GM.  I agree its a great workout!  Whenever I JUST run I am exhausted and yet don't lose anything, for whatever reason sprintervals is a great workout for me (which I often forget about doing :/ )

I haven't been really keeping up with GM, other than occasionally listening to the mp3 (maybe 2 nights a week if i'm lucky) and still eating chia seeds every day.  I REALLY need to sit down and re-read the book and be reminded about all the extra credit visualizations and tricks.

We've had a TERRIBLE winter here and when its been even remotely warm enough to manage going outside, there is still too much ice and snow everywhere for me to do much in the way of exercise.  Its an excuse, but at the same time I can't afford a gym membership and I don't enjoy doing workout tapes, and I've been lazy thanks to the winter and personal issues.

However, I'm dying to get out there again, so once this horrifying winter is finally over, I'll be right back to my sprintervals!!!

VeganKitten

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2011, 04:45:00 PM »

However, I'm dying to get out there again, so once this horrifying winter is finally over

Me too, brotha, me too.  :x

abs999

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2012, 02:27:11 AM »

This book represents a refreshing and comprehensive approach to weightloss, offering an abundance of practical considerations for individuals and healthcare practitioners alike. …Groundbreaking and well-grounded in metabolic physiology, this work is blessing to anyone struggling with this problem.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18