Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Gabriel Method

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Gabriel Method  (Read 18555 times)

TalkingRat

Re: Gabriel Method
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 07:12:45 PM »

((((T-Vix))))  Hope your meeting went ok.

TalkingRat

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 07:15:05 PM »

Goblyn, I agree chia deserves its own thread.  Are you gonna start one?  The chia fad will forever be associated with you, after all. :D

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2010, 08:29:18 AM »

Thanks TR, I really appreciate the hugs!  The meeting went OK.  He's not totally blaming me for everything.  The environment's very bad right now.  Too many things to do, and too many people laid off.

I agree with TR that chia needs its own thread.  I bought some the other day and put it in blackberry flavored kefir.  Totally awesome!!!!  I'm still coming down from a major sugar binge, so I'm still eating more than I should, but I seem to be slowing down.  I hope the chia will help, but even if it doesn't, I would eat it anyway because it's so fun.

T-Vix

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 09:01:33 AM »

this blackberry kefir you speak of,
where did you get it?
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

anacara

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2010, 09:25:17 AM »

this blackberry kefir you speak of,
where did you get it?

mmmmmm... sounds good doesn't it?

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2010, 10:16:16 AM »

I've seen it in the regular grocery store occasionally and at whole foods.  I believe its made by the same brand that you see in the store with the plain and strawberry flavors (whatever that is...)

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2010, 10:36:44 AM »

no Whole Foods near me,
we are barbarians up here in the Michigan Boondocks.  :lol:

we have to make our own kefir (and flavor it with our own blackberries I guess.)
I like mine with rhubarb jam.  8)

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2010, 10:42:28 AM »

I can actually get this particular blackberry kefir at my local grocery store, believe it or not.  The brand is "Nancy's", which is a local Oregon product.  They have strawberry, raspberry, peach, and plain also.  But the blackberry is to die for, especially with my little chia blobs in it.

I put chia seeds in my greek yogurt this morning.  Very yummy.  I like the contrast of the little crunchies with the creamy yogurt.

I may have spoken too soon about the meeting going ok yesterday.  Another one is scheduled for today.  Grrrrrr!  Just get me to vacation, please.  I can make it through tomorrow .... I can make it through tomorrow .... I can make it through tomorrow ...

T-Vix

LittlePlum

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2010, 02:55:42 PM »

I have started the Gabriel Method and like Goblyn, experienced a kind of zen like falling into place similar to that I experienced when I first got into SLD.

Apart from the CD at night and the visualizations, the ideas that I find most interesting are:

Your hunger is really a hunger for nutrients - (which ties in with Gary Taubes in the Diet Delusion saying that in the future we will come to recognise obesity as a disease of malnutrition). In my twenties when I was very slim I used to eat junk food as much as I liked BUT on top of a balanced wholefood diet (my hippy commune upbringing meant I have always been enlightened in the way of wholegrains, fresh foods, live yogurts, pulses etc). As soon the proportion of wholefood began to decrease and more and more processed food crept in, meaning less actual nutrition, the weight crept on.

To evaluate what your body is really crying out for, it is probably not food For me, I have had a eureka moment with this one - I CRAVE SLEEP. Since my son was born 3 years ago I haven't gotten a whole lot of sleep and I tend to stay up late after he's gone to bed so I can watch TV or do other things, then I read for hours in bed. Really, I just NEED to go to bed at 10pm every night for a long time. Even just writing that I can feel my body longing for sleep.

Exercise smart to turn the FAT programs off. Incorporating sprints and really tough bursts of exertion are really making a difference for me. My DH also tried adding full exertion bursts of sprints into his runs and his (pretty small anyway -green eyed emoticon) paunch has been decreasing.

One of the major things that happened in the first two weeks was that despite not being thinner (it was only 2 weeks in) I stopped wearing my baggy men's T shirts and for the first time in ages wore fitted clothes without really caring about my belly or the fat rolls on my back. I was really interested in this effect because it is so unlike me. It was like I suddenly stopped seeing the negative internalized self image (big as a house, shameful) and started seeing my actual reflection without the baggage. Or maybe I just felt like a "thin" person.

Anyway, despite a few moments where I sort of thought "Oh dear" (the past life stuff and the mention of orgones etc) I do think there is something about the GM that is really working for me.

Definitely another piece of the jigsaw slotting into place.

goblyn

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2010, 08:13:35 AM »

LittlePlum, I'm glad you've discoverd GM!  I think one of the biggest benefits for me is not necessarily weight loss but the ability to look at myself in the mirror and NOT just see my belly.  I see my face, I've realized, "Hey, I'm actually pretty attractive!"  I feel less self conscious about my size, and by extension I feel smaller.  Its been a while since I was so big that I had to worry if I was going to fit into a booth at a restaurant or if a store was crowded, I'd get all panicky about having to squeeze through people, or when I went to an amusement park a few years back, I was so depressed because I couldn't fit into the safety restraints for a roller coaster I went on, and had to sit in a special seat for larger guests.  But despite that being 60+ lbs ago, I still really felt that way.  I still felt huge, despite my obviously not being that way.  I think the best GM benefit is truly not feeling like I'm the world's fattest man!  I just feel normal, I don't feel particuarly tiny or skinny, but I also don't feel like I'm going to break furniture or be denied seating in a movie theater or be forced to purchase two plane tickets lol.

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2010, 08:16:12 AM »

Your hunger is really a hunger for nutrients -

Dr. Oz says the same too.
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2010, 01:36:27 PM »

Goblyn,
you are quite the cutie pie.
 8)

goblyn

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2010, 06:24:13 AM »

Awww thanks Karky!

Sanchiaza

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2010, 12:58:19 AM »

I bought the book, read it this weekend and it's like you say, LittlePlum, pieces of the puzzle fall into place. I love the CD and have listened to it a lot in the past few days.

Thanks to a combination of oil and Gabriel Method, I'm back on track.

goblyn

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2010, 06:21:05 AM »

:)  good for you Sanchiaza.

I think I need to re-read the book, I'm finding my motivations for being happy and whatnot are harder and harder to find lately (stupid personal life), but reading the book is very theraputic.  The last time I read it, it was like I could feel my mind going through all these little negative problems and just getting rid of them, like housekeeping for your brain!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18