Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Strated gaining weight

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strated gaining weight  (Read 5782 times)

hunnybun

Strated gaining weight
« on: June 18, 2010, 07:47:28 AM »

I have been doing SLD for almost a year and until one month ago it worked perfectly.  I am 5'3'' and WAS 127lbs, and quite content.  In one month I moved back to previous set point of 135.  I use ELOO as described in the book, with nose clips (just in case) and I am strict about the 2 hour window.  I don't know whats wrong, I am much more hungry but I am alsways careful, I eat low glycemic index foods.  I think my new job is more sedentary, but less stressful. I have vertually no AS or the self cotrol that I had only a month ago.  Help, what should I do? :(

TalkingRat

Re: Strated gaining weight
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 03:54:13 PM »

My sympathies.  That happened to me, too.  I tried changing ELOO brands, noseclipping my ELOO, and rinsing with saltwater.  That helped for a short while, but AS was never like it had been.  I blamed it on being much more active after surgery, with an appetite to match, plus my weight swings were so wild it was hard to tell if it was real gain, until a few months too late.  Retrospectively, I think surgery may have altered my sense of smell/taste.  But I can't say for sure.

Noseclipping didn't give me much AS, so I tried flavor free calories, which worked for a couple months and then stopped, and eventually I regained all my weight and more.  But I started working on weight again in January, added exercise, and since March, I have used Platinum calories.  So maybe you could try out an alternate method, like noseclipping meals or crazy spicing or platinum calories.

Nice that the new job is less stressful, but 'new' can be stressful too.  Maybe all you need is a chance to settle back in a routine, and add back the activity that's been missing since your job changed.  Hope it works out. 

la-di-da

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 06:34:29 AM »

I'm just curious... how new is your job? Does your weight gain coincide with starting the new job? I was just thinking that maybe the stress of that has either thrown your system out of whack or forced changes in your normal eating routine that you aren't really conscious of.

I notice that if I change the oil I usually take, or even change the time of day I take it, my weight is affected. It will eventually get back to 'normal', but it takes a while.

hunnybun

Re: Started gaining weight
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 07:48:40 AM »

Sorry for the spelling errors!  I was typing with a busted finger, should have used spell check.  I started my new job 3 months ago.  It is a lovely office with nice people, but I am very sedentary.  I was under pretty intense stress in my previous job, so I don't know if this changed sparked the weight gain.  I switched back to walnut oil and had some descent AS yesterday, I'll see if it persists.  I will also try switching the time up as well.  at least I know I'm not the only one out there withthis issue.

Thanks

la-di-da

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 06:44:02 AM »

I had really hit a wall and tried to up my oil intake.  I gained a little and freaked out. I went off the oil completely. What is most interesting is that when I went off, I wasn't ravenous like I usually am when I stop taking the oil. I've tried to go off it a few times over the last 2 1/2 years and went running back. It would take a while to get back on track, but I would.

This time, no appetite increase. I went a few weeks, I think, and I almost felt like a normal human again with a normal appetite. But my weight stayed the same.

So- I am back on the oil for a few days and I'll see if my weight goes down at all.
I also gave up sugar and sweeteners. That has been an off and on battle for years now and I can see what sugar does to my skin, my sleep... I wish I could, I wish, I wish, but I just can't do it to myself anymore. It feels bad and I look bad.

This self-experimentation thing is interesting, to say the least. I mean- I can isolate now which foods do what things to me. But it doesn't mean I always have the strength to listen to what my body is saying and act accordingly.
I see that I have these weird food 'crutches' and it bothers me. Plus, they make me look like crap.

So-- onward and hopefully, upward. Maybe the lengthy off/on with the oil will reboot things.

bbo0909

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 08:27:05 PM »

Ooh, rinsing with saltwater. That might help me, too. I was having trouble getting the taste out of my mouth even after rinsing out with water... so I'd breathe through my mouth for 15+ minutes (but sometimes could taste the water, boo)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18