Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
snails anyone?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: snails anyone?  (Read 7273 times)

nougat

• Malta EU
snails anyone?
« on: May 23, 2010, 10:00:08 AM »

snails are a delicacy here (not me tho - yuck!)  but anyway here are some for sale from my greengrocer who sells his wares from off a truck parked at the seafront of the village where i live.

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
Re: snails anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 06:21:04 AM »

OMG YUM!

I love snails and pretty much any shellfish type food. 

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 07:02:00 AM »

:lol:
i won't touch anything in a shell yuck...

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 08:34:52 AM »

DH has been cooking snails every Sunday afternoon, lately. Not the ones like your pic, but the smaller ones. I don't care for them, but the smell... yummm... he makes a delicious gravy (or is it sauce). He adds lots of spices, bacon, ham, chicken broth, potatoes, bayleaf, oreganos...... My house smells yummy on Sundays evenings !!!
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 09:55:07 AM »

is it only men who like snails??? :lol: my dad likes them too and dh has eaten them on occasion...  when we were kids we once went to some fields and collected some :)
then dad kept the snails in the yard (in a bucket)  for some days to make them 'fast' as in not eat  before he cooked them.... (insert barf smiley here pls)

goblyn

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 10:16:58 AM »

That's a common practice with shellfish in general.  It helps clear the digestive tract of grit, sand, and other yucky stuff.  When I do anything with shellfish, like mussels or clams, I'll put them in a bowl of water and sprinkle cornmeal or breadcrumbs over them, they eventually eat the breadcrumbs and empty the yucky stuff.  Or at least that's what happens in my imagination...

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 10:21:57 AM »

but doesn't the breadcrumbs become 'yucky stuff' ?  :)  when we eat bread ..... :)

and what's that with coffee and cats  :shock: YUCK (BARF SMILEY WHERE ARE YOU??)) :)

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 10:27:00 AM »

Naaaahhh Nougat, you should see my SIL (DH's sister) gobbling down snails! Or my other SIL (brother's GF) or hmmm ex-SIl rather... and some more, but really my DH's sister is the greatest snail lover I know.

Dh doesn't like the ones in your pic.
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 11:56:17 PM »

ok so women like snails too  :lol:

those snails are the only ones eaten here.  so different snails taste different too!!

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 11:57:29 PM »

sometimes i wonder what prompted 'early man'  to try eating certain things....like snails...i wonder did he try slugs too??? :lol:

goblyn

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 10:48:42 AM »

LOL.  I've always wondered who thought to try milk from another animal before.  The more I think about it, the more disturbing the idea is.  Now I can't live without dairy (seriously, if I had to cut out cheese from my diet, I'd cry myself to sleep every night lol), but I prefer to think that it magically appears and doesn't come out of the boobies of a nursing cow.

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2010, 09:05:54 PM »

:lol:
you mean cow juice??

thank goodness early man wasn't like me or the human race would have died out!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18