Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
It's everywhere

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: It's everywhere  (Read 4379 times)

fbnops

It's everywhere
« on: May 06, 2010, 02:46:38 PM »

Some very recent research on what now seems the most common caloric sweetener, having started taking over from sugar back in the early '80's:

http://www.princeton.edu/main/news/archive/S26/91/22K07/

Try to cut this out of your diet and it will knock lot of foods off of the shopping list.  I just found it in my favorite French bread baked by my local Sam's Club and am very unhappy. Looks like Sam's French bread is going to be a thing of the past with me.

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
Re: It's everywhere
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 07:50:02 AM »

Ugh!  I wish I could show this report to a certain person who used to post here who always poo-poo'd the boards theories that HFCS were worse for you than sugar (granted her argument was always that all sweeteners are equally bad for you, so it wasn't like she was promoting it).

At any rate, I really hope more people start taking it out of their food!  I have been noticing more and more products proudly proclaiming the lack of HFCS in their food, so hopefully there will be more of this trend!  It always suprises me when you find it in totally innocuous foods, especially things that aren't necessarily sweet, like bread!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18