Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
From this list, which oil would you recommend?

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: From this list, which oil would you recommend?  (Read 8660 times)

preamultzahar

From this list, which oil would you recommend?
« on: April 27, 2010, 12:46:00 PM »

Hello,

I tried the diet using sugar water and it's not working so I'm switching to oil. The big problem and the main reason why I started out with sugar water is that I can't find ELOO here. The variety of oils here is little.

These are my few options:
- Corn oil
- Olive oil classic or EVOO
- Sunflower oil
- Walnut oil, but only this kind. Note in the description: A very tasty oil. So I guess this one is ruled out.

That is basically it.

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
Re: From this list, which oil would you recommend?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 01:58:48 PM »

Yikes.  Given that list the most flavorless would be the corn or sunflower, however, both of them have some issues with the omega balance that makes them poorer choices (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, I may well be).

You could try just noseclipping any of these oils to make them flavor free.  The secret will be to completely rid your mouth of any lingering oil (be it through mouthwash or massive water rinsing) before you take off the clips.

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 03:15:35 PM »

what about canola AKA rapeseed oil?
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

preamultzahar

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 11:19:14 PM »

goblyn, I'm definitely going to try noseclipping.

karky, I've searched for canola oil, but everytime I ask for it people look at me as though I'm crazy. I'm going today and look at a few more supermarkets but I'm almost 100% sure I won't find anything.

I'll probably go with sunflower oil and nose clipping.

shovelqueen

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 03:58:08 AM »

Ask for rapeseed.  Canola is a more North American word, as the actual seedcrop was apparently developed by Canadian researchers from the original rapeseed.

"Strength, balance, joy!"

preamultzahar

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 09:33:25 AM »

shovelqueen, no rapeseed in stores here unfortunately.

I went searching for oils again today and surprisingly I found 4 more types of oil:
- grapeseed oil
- rice oil
- palm oil (?)
- light olive oil !

The light olive oil is this one. I know it's not extra light but I bought a bottle and I'm using it now.
If this oil is not working, would you recommend the rice oil?

I also bought a noseclip which I will be using when taking the oil.

Thanks to all who replied.

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 09:51:46 AM »

That's the right stuff
It is the same color as my ELOO

I think here in the States  ELOO stands for
Extra Light (tasting) Olive Oil

I think grapeseed oil is also supposed to work fairly well for SLD, I don't know about how flavorful it is though.
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

August

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 11:29:26 AM »

I had bad reactions to many of these; I ended up taking walnut.

goblyn

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 01:40:37 PM »

I say just go with whatever you can't taste while noseclipping.  For some reason (psychological) I have to noseclip my oil dose, eventhough its canola which is totally flavorless.  I just need to not be able to smell anything in order to get it down without gagging.

So really, just go with whatever works.  That olive oil looks right to me though for an international equivalent to ELOO.

preamultzahar

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 01:28:03 PM »

Since I wrote my last post until now I've been taking 5 table spoons of that oil using a noseclip - that's 3 weeks.

I've also started eating healthier, no more snacks, I try to eat only cooked food.

I don't think SLD is working for me, or even if it's working it's effect is little. Indeed, I have a lower appetite than before but I think that's because I changed my eating habits. I still eat 4-5 relatively small meals a day.

With SLD I was hoping for the "almost forgetting to eat" effect, I'm not even close to that. I'm not excluding the fact that I might do something wrong but I really can't think of anything else I could to to make this work better for me.

I'm going to keep taking the oil I still have but I think I'm going to stop before I have to buy another bottle of oil.

goblyn

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 05:38:18 AM »

Maybe you are taking too much oil.  5 Tablespoons is ALOT of oil.  The general rule of thumb is to take 1.5 to 2 times your weight (in lbs) in flavorless calories per day.  So if you weigh, say, 250 lbs, you would need 375-500 calories per day.  Each tablespoon of oil has 120 calories in it, so you'd need somewhere between 3 and 4 tablespoons a day.

But even that figure can be wrong.  The best way to go about figuring out how much oil you need is to start off with 1 tablespoon and work your way up from there every few days add a little more.  I weigh 224 and 2-3 tablespoons is enough for me, which is definately on the lower side of the spectrum above. 

There have been plenty of times when people found that by cutting their oil consumption they got better AS. 

And then there's the whole oil dillemma.  Everyone has different reactions to different oils.  Some oils will give you better AS than others.  Its entirely possible that the oil you are using is just one that won't give you good AS...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18