Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Fat 1, carbs 0

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Fat 1, carbs 0  (Read 8719 times)

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
Fat 1, carbs 0
« on: April 09, 2010, 08:55:41 AM »

That's it, no more banana breakfast for me (made me gain)

back to a fatty breakfast!!

http://www.lhj.com/blogs/ladieslounge/2010/04/08/an-easier-way-to-lose-weight/
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

IndianGirl

Re: Fat 1, carbs 0
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 10:59:20 AM »

I feel the reason for her weight loss is the small dinner she had--thereby creating a Fast 5 like effect from afternoon (post lunch) to breakfast the next morning.
So I feel the weight loss has to do with a small dinner, rather than the nature of breakfast.

IndianGirl

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 11:00:01 AM »

Pretty interesting, tho...will try out :)

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 11:37:34 AM »

I don't know though, I think this reflects the "old" style of eating (you know, back before the obesity epidemic?) when people ate bacon and eggs every damn day for breakfast and all had perfect waist lines? 

I mean, obviously I know that this wasn't always the case across the board, but I wouldn't at all be suprised to see that people who eat really hearty fat rich breakfasts would be skinnier than people who eat a big bowl of refined carb cereal with carb laden skim milk every day.

TalkingRat

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 11:53:01 AM »

I used to think that carbs at breakfast just made me more hungry, but I've changed my thinking.  Now that I balance the carbs with sufficient protein, oatmeal works as well as having a high protein breakfast.  A few years ago, we had a discussion here about an article suggesting that your body sends you 'eat' signals until you've had enough protein each day.  IIRC, the recommendation was 20g per meal, 60 g. per day.  

August

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 12:15:21 PM »

This lines up with what I noticed with brisket vs. bananas:

http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=6389.0

An Alchemist

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 05:55:19 PM »

But in the olden days, didn't they also eat stacks and stacks of pancakes before going out to plow the fields or chop the wood? With lots of maple syrup?

Pre-obesity, people ate everything, they didn't shun one type of food over another. And they seemed to keep pretty thin while eating a mixture of fat, carbs, and protein. Just saying...

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 09:19:25 PM »

not denying that obesity is on the rise but there have always been a range of people sizes.  we shouldn't talk as if everyone was thin.  i kind of agree with that study that shows that the larger proportion of people gain weight with carbs,  a smaller proportion with fats and a few with both.  its all in the genes....and in the super accessibility of cheap and easily available rubbish carbs.
oh and i'm one of the guilty ones.

August

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 10:20:41 AM »

Part of this is a stacking effect: soy is the most recent crop put to industrial use, high fructose corn syrup's new too. 
For me, I'm pretty careful about avoiding both wheat and soy, but I could see where people who had never been exposed to soy might have been able to handle wheat okay.  Carbohydrate is a big part of the story, but there's also the Omega 6 oils and various anti-nutrients in modern food.   

I bet those stacks of pancakes were drenched in butter too, which may have provided some protection as well.

Phoebe

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 10:25:35 AM »

But in the olden days, didn't they also eat stacks and stacks of pancakes before going out to plow the fields or chop the wood? With lots of maple syrup?

Gee, I don't remember the last time I went out to chop wood or plow a field, but I'm always up for pancakes with maple syrup.  That might have something to do with my weight problem.  :wink:

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 12:32:27 PM »

ancestors of mine
the baby in the first picture is my grandmother's grandmother, she is standing in the back without the hat in the 2nd picture.
the woman with the hat is her mother. 
not a stick figure among them, all before electricity and running water
makes me wonder about heredity

Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

VeganKitten

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 11:39:43 PM »

Karky, they look like fine, strong women  :D

How neat that you have a photo of grandmother's grandmother ... as a baby, yet! I'm sure the oldest family pics I've seen are my great-grands, maybe.

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 06:01:59 AM »

I only have digital copies, but it is still pretty cool.
The couple with the baby are my great-great-great grandparents.  The baby was born in 1874.

And I have always said we produce some sturdy kids.  :lol:
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

IndianGirl

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 08:15:52 AM »

Karky, the baby in the first photo looks like an angel...looks like she will fly around the place.
I was wondering some time back if u have reached 100 pounds weight loss by now...

Pink,
I tried what this article says to do and guess what....I have fab AS this evening!!!!!
Today, whatever I ate pre-lunch...I kept it low carb, and moved my entire oil consumption for the day to the pre-lunch period.
I did this:

8 am: Tea with just few crystals sugar, just enough to take off the bitterness (this is how I drink tea everyday, nothing new.)
8.40 am: a spoon of sesame oil (downed it with half litre water). (TRIED THIS NEW TODAY)
9.30 am: breakfast of: 1 roti (indian whole grain bread ), with a heaping of veggies drizzled with coconut oil and a heaping of lentils for protein (NORMALLY I HAVE 2 ROTIS, BUT TODAY I DECREASED THE CARB AND INCREASED THE OIL).
11 am: few walnuts for omega-3 oil (TRIED THIS NEW TODAY)
THUS I MOVED MOST OF MY OIL CONSUMPTION TO THE BEGINNING OF THE DAY.

2 pm: regular lunch: had a complete set of carbs, protein (lentils, legumes).

AFTER 5 PM: AMAZING....DEAD APPETITE...WILL FINISH DAY WITH A SMALL DINNER...

TOTAL CALORIE CONSUMPTION FOR THE DAY AROUND 1100 CALS.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 09:24:29 AM by IndianGirl »

IndianGirl

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 08:16:35 AM »

BTW, brilliant post, Pinkmug...quite a gem...thanks. :)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18