Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Has anybody had custom made nose plugs? with silicone or "dental setting paste"

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anybody had custom made nose plugs? with silicone or "dental setting paste"  (Read 8357 times)

rubadub

I have a pair of "in ear" headphones which are pushed into the ear canal like earplugs. I read about people getting custom fit ones, where they pour a quick setting gel substance down your ear and it sets and they mould and exact pair to fit your ear canal. The same could possibly be done for nose plugs. Dentists also use this quick setting gel stuff for making moulds of your teeth. I cannot think of the name of the gel but I expect it can be bought online. There might also be a plastic which would work, sporting mouthguards are made of a soft rubber/plastic which you heat in boiling water and it then becomes pliable.

I also wonder if you could make them using silicone, you can get transparent foodgrade silicone which could make "invisible" plugs. A blob of silicone could be let set and then cut to size, or it could be set in a mould, like a piece of cling film pushed into some playdough to make a well.

karky

• Life is Good!

I have bought custom fit ear plugs for my oldest daughter when she had tubes in her ears and the Dr said no water could get in her ears.
they cost me about $50, in 1991.

I don't know if the same could be made for your nose
they stuffed cotton way down in her ear canal to keep the solution from getting on her ear drums

When people talk about alternatives to regular nose clips, I just keep imagining how awkward it would be in the Emergency Room explaining how that stuff got packed in your nose  :shock:

One of my cousins had a terrible odor for several months, no one could figure out why she smelled so bad, she was about 5-6 yrs old at the time,
turned out she had a piece of sponge stuck in her nose that was decomposing.  :shock:
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

Heidi 555

This is a really interesting idea.  I hope that you try it and let us know if it works and how comfortable they are.  I used some pieces of silicone ear plugs to replace the rubber on my speedo nose clips.  That kind of silicone stays soft and waxy.  I'd be nervous about trying it in my nostrils.

That was a good post that you wrote on the 43% to 52% MORE Appetite Suppression than Oil thread.
It took 1 year of nose clipping
to lose 20 pounds (from about 140 to 120)
Dropped from size 8-10 to size 4
I'm 5' 4.5"

Read about my success nose clipping regular food instead of doing oil or sugar: http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=5903.

rubadub

I don't know if the same could be made for your nose
they stuffed cotton way down in her ear canal to keep the solution from getting on her ear drums
Yes, I expect some are more liquid than others, when I was in the dentist I had to bite down on a mould full of the substance to make an imprint.

When people talk about alternatives to regular nose clips, I just keep imagining how awkward it would be in the Emergency Room explaining how that stuff got packed in your nose
True! I had something caught in my nose when I was small, seems everybody has a story about it. They could do with little handles on them like ear plugs have, but I was wondering if they could be discrete and handles would defeat that purpose.

That kind of silicone stays soft and waxy. I'd be nervous about trying it in my nostrils.
It might be too squishy in the nostril, another idea would be to have hard plastic which is then coated in soft silicone, sort of like the nose clips are coated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18