Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Platinum Calories check-in

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Platinum Calories check-in  (Read 43648 times)

nougat

• Malta EU
Re: Platinum Calories check-in
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2010, 12:43:49 PM »

i count all the carbs - i don't subtract the fibre carbs....

NTB

• Getting Stronger
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2010, 01:28:27 PM »

Can someone give me the ratio amounts again for something that would qualify as platinum.  I know its like no more than a certain amount of carbs or protein per serving (unless the carbs are like fiber or certain sugar alcohols).

Here goes the refresher couse. The link is right at the beginning of this thread:
http://boards.sethroberts.net/index.php?topic=2169.msg95714#msg95714

Platinum calories are non-insulinogenic foods or liquids which have flavors.  There are four conditions for platinum calories:
1.  Insulinogenic carbs (i-carbs) are: sucrose, lactose, high fructose corn syrup, starches (flour, bread, rice, potatoes).  Noninulinogenic carbs (n-carbs) are less common, but include fructose, xylitol, erythritol, mannitol and a few other sugars, and "fiber" (insoluble carbohydrates in oatmeal and such -- check your labels).
2.  The platinum calories can contain as much fat, water, minerals, vitamins, or n-carbs as you want.
3.  The platinum calories are limited to a maximum of 5 grams of insulinogenic carbs (sucrose or starch) per dose (for a sensitive dieter), but can be increased to 10 or 20 grams for less sensitive dieters.
4.  The platinum calories are limited to a maximum of 10 grams of protein per dose, but can be increased to 20-40 grams for less sensitive dieters.  If the calories have both carbs and protein, reduce the carb limit by 1 gram for every 2 grams of protein present. 

This boils down to:  Platinum calorie grams = grams of carbs + (grams of protein)/2.  Keep this number to less than 5 grams per serving, and observe the one hour  window on either side.
Click HERE to check out the Deconditioning Diet and other self-improvement ideas on my blog "Getting Stronger"

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2010, 05:31:03 AM »

Well then, I'm almost positive you could take the high fiber tortillas (as if you subtract the fiber, there are only 5 insulogenic carbs), brush with oil, and bake until crisp, and you'd have the perfect accompianment to things like tappenade or guacamole or other dips.  You could even make them sweetened with stevia and cinnamon and then dip in, say, whipped cream...mmmm....

tek_vixen

• A mind is a terrible thing to lose!
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2010, 09:34:58 AM »

I've really gotten myself into a nice routine with the PCs.  I take my oil (1T ELOO, 1T Safflower) in the morning, have a small breakfast an hour later of a Zone bar or a couple of hard boiled eggs, then 1-1.5 T VCO in tea instead of lunch, and a lean meat/tons of veggies dinner.  The PCs allow me to consistently skip lunch for the first time in my life.  I've been able to skip an occasional lunch here or there, but never weeks at a time.

That brings me to the challenge I'm about to face.  In one week, we have our first softball tournament.  This often means being at the softball complex from 7am to 7pm.  I need suggestions on making my PCs "portable".  I can manage my morning oil, easy peasy.  Zone bars make a nice portable breakfast.  And dinner should be no problem, even though we will be eating out.  I can usually find a salad or something.  I just can't quite figure out how to do my PCs on the go.  I have a transport method for the VCO, although it could easily be warm enough to make it liquid, which could be an issue with my container.  I'm just not sure whether I'll have access to hot water to make tea at the complex (it's got to be really hot for me so I don't know if a thermos would work).  Any suggestions on how to do this or recipes for cold VCO PCs or alternate PCs that are more portable?

I appreciate any help I can get.  This is the point of the year where my efforts tend to fall apart because of the amount of time we spend at the softball field.  I'm very excited at the progress I've made with Platinum Calories and I don't want it to stop.  My 30th high school reunion is in August, and I'd really like to look like the smallest variety of cow possible.   :lol:

T-Vix

karky

• Life is Good!
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2010, 11:36:38 AM »

Is there electricity available at the field?
I have an electric teapot that heats a quart of water to boiling in abt 3 min or less.

I have seen adaptors for your car's cigarette lighter that convert a wall plug to car, maybe that would work if the ball field has no electricity
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

Pip

« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2010, 03:58:52 PM »

Hi Tek, glad to hear that you have a routine that is working for you.

All-day outings are tough. I find that a calorie-equivalent dose of heavy whipping cream works as well as VCO for me, but I'm not sure that would be more portable for you since it needs to be kept cold and shaking from travel might turn it into butter. (I have learned not to keep heavy cream on the refrigerator door.  :D )

What about breaking the VCO into small lumps, floating each on a shot of water and gulping them down one at a time? Maybe not so pleasant, but at least you could get your VCO in for the day. This is how I am taking my gelled fish oil these days.

Good luck!

tek_vixen

« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2010, 04:47:30 PM »

Thanks, guys!  Great suggestions.  My son actually has a car adapter.  Now to grab an electric teapot.  And it's a great idea to try small lumps of VCO as water shots.  That may just work.  I'll have to try it this weekend.  It may be warm enough that it will be partially liquid anyway, so I suppose it would be rather like my normal oil shots.

Pip...... gelled fish oil?  Seriously?  Makes me want to barf just to think of it.  :lol:

Hmmmm, just had another thought.  I have a double walled stainless steel water bottle.  It keeps things really cold for a very long time.  I bet I could put a little ice in it, cover with a zero calorie carbonated fruit flavored drink, and some heavy WC.  Should keep the WC cold enough to lunch time with no problems.  A platinum Italian soda!  Yum!  Thanks for the inspiration Pip!

T-Vix

TalkingRat

« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2010, 05:38:01 PM »

Sounds like a great plan, T-Vix. 

I used to keep really hot water in a thermos, but that was in a real glass thermos.  I preheated it so it wouldn't crack and then filled it with near boiling water.  I don't know if today's thermos would hold up to that.

Pip

« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2010, 06:42:14 PM »

Pip...... gelled fish oil?  Seriously?  Makes me want to barf just to think of it.  :lol:

T-Vix

Fermented gelled fish oil! It is barf-worthy  :lol: - but I learned to take it with the water shot no problem. Even dd will take it as a water shot.

This is the product for anyone who is interested:
http://www.greenpasture.org/retail/?t=products&p=products&a=display&i=1097

I got it because it was the most natural source of K2, A & D that I could find.

Glad the suggestions were useful T-Vix.

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2010, 06:18:15 AM »

Aren't avocados PCs?  Or you could also look into high fat, low protein cheeses.

tek_vixen

« Reply #100 on: April 01, 2010, 08:32:09 AM »

Fermented gelled fish oil! It is barf-worthy :lol: - but I learned to take it with the water shot no problem. Even dd will take it as a water shot.

Eeeeew!!!  Do you burp fishy taste later?  I do even when I take the fish oil caps that are supposedly "no taste".  The only thing I've found that doesn't do it to me is Krill Oil.

I hadn't thought of avacados, Goblyn.  I could probably mash them into dip consistency and eat them on a celery stick.  Good suggestion.

T-Vix

Pip

« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2010, 10:44:32 AM »

Eeeeew!!!  Do you burp fishy taste later? 

Ha ha! No. Once it's down, it stays all the way down for me.

deMuralist

« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2012, 11:16:04 AM »

Just posting to keep track of this page, with the link and "recipe" for platinum calories.

PirateJenny

« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2013, 09:19:19 AM »

Have you guys heard of "fat bombs"?
Seems like they would be perfect platinum calories!!!

http://wifezillasway.blogspot.com/2012/01/abi-faes-fat-bombs.html
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18