Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
I am new, on day 4

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am new, on day 4  (Read 3967 times)

nat76

I am new, on day 4
« on: February 06, 2010, 06:22:24 PM »

Hi,
I am a 44 years old women, mother of two boys, and I am on day 4 of this diet, 2 tablespoons of canola oil a day, one dose in the morning, one in the afternoon. Today, I got intestinal problems in the morning, but I am not sure if it is the oil or a virus. I hope it is a virus because it works so well for me, it is almost scary, I lost almost all desire for food (and I am a cook and a foodie) Went from 190 to 186.5 in 4 days! I want to go back to 132, which is overwhelming, so I take it 5 pounds at the time. I switched to sugar water this afternoon and feel a bit better but I would rather stay with the oil. I was wondering if anybody experienced digestive troubles of any kind with this diet and if so, how did you deal with it.
Many thanks,
Nat

shovelqueen

Re: I am new, on day 4
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 06:35:47 PM »

Hi, Nat!  I'm like you in many ways, now 49 (was 47 when I started), mother of 2 boys, took 2 tbsp of canola for most of my initial weight loss and had phenomenal results with it.  I had a few episodes of nausea in the first week or so, where I had to sit and count the minutes until I could put some other food into my belly.  It only happened twice, and after I had consolidated my dose into one 2T shot in the afternoons. I never had diarrhea issues, but some here have.  They usually resolve from what I've seen. 

I would try to stick out the oil.  If you haven't had problems the first 3 days, it's not likely the oil causing problems now.  Intestinal transit time is generally 12-20 hours from mouth to other end.  You would have noticed problems before now. 

Welcome and good luck!

"Strength, balance, joy!"

nat76

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 04:26:01 AM »

Hi Shovelqueen,
Thanks for your answer. I still have mild problems this morning, and last time I took the oil was 22 hours ago, so I guess I am fighting a virus. How old are your kids? Mine are still very young, 5 years old and 9 months old, a little miracle. So I fight the pregnancy weight and the premenopausal weight at the same time, lol! I think I will still with the oil but might divide it in three doses today, does that work too?
I am definitly sticking with it, it seems to be working real well, lost another pounds this morning, which brings me to 185. I tried to lose 5 pounds for the last 6 months without success. I still can't beliieve it.
Nat

shovelqueen

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 05:30:53 AM »

Hi Shovelqueen,
Thanks for your answer. I still have mild problems this morning, and last time I took the oil was 22 hours ago, so I guess I am fighting a virus. How old are your kids? Mine are still very young, 5 years old and 9 months old, a little miracle. So I fight the pregnancy weight and the premenopausal weight at the same time, lol! I think I will still with the oil but might divide it in three doses today, does that work too?
I am definitly sticking with it, it seems to be working real well, lost another pounds this morning, which brings me to 185. I tried to lose 5 pounds for the last 6 months without success. I still can't believe it.
Nat

My first week was like that, too.  I blew past a weight that had been an insurmountable barrier until then.  Good going!!  If you are doing three doses, you need 3 flavourfree 2 hour windows.  If you can maintain that, then no problem.

My boys are 20 and 17.  One is off at university and the other is in Grade 12, but because he is developmentally challenged, he will stay at the high school until he is 21.  It's a busy time when they are as young as yours, but in a different way than when they get older.  More attention-seeking, but less arguing, as I remember. :lol:

nat76

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 08:00:25 AM »

Thanks for the advice. Yes the little ones are demanding, especially my older son, who is ADD and off to kindergarden this year. I have to think for three, lol. For the three doses, I do have three two hours windows, so i will try this. But I do think I might have a virus, I did had a couple days of low grade fever. And btw, Congratulations on your weight loss! You have been doing this for a while. How is your overall health? I am a bit worried about the fat, but I think canola oil should be ok, better then the transfat in junk food anyway,lol.

shovelqueen

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 01:24:39 PM »

My overall health is awesome.  After about a year or so on SLD, I had a physical and bloodwork. My labs were beyond perfect, my MD was very impressed.  My cholesterol was low, my HDL (the good cholesterol) was way up, enough to make her comment.  I really think that I'm blessed with good genes, too, but the SLD regime of canola oil or ELOO 2 tbsp a day had certainly not done me any damage. 

SLD plus a fairly clean diet (avoiding alot of the processed pseudo-foods) will only improve your health, as will the weight loss. :D

xtine

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 06:39:00 PM »

Hello and welcome!  I'd add one thing to the digestive issue: it sometimes takes a little time for your body to adjust to new oils and produce the necessary enzymes to metabolize them.  Some of us have found it helpful to take digestive enzymes with the oil to help with the initial digestive issues.  (they are cheap and widely available).  Probiotics either in yogurt and kefir, or as supplements, can also really help.

Good luck!  I wish you every success.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18