Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
7 Foods So Unsafe Even Farmers Won't Eat Them

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7 Foods So Unsafe Even Farmers Won't Eat Them  (Read 4091 times)

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
Re: 7 Foods So Unsafe Even Farmers Won't Eat Them
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 08:49:37 AM »

I feel like we were talking about this before already.

I have to say I agree with alot of it, but good luck trying to avoid some of this stuff!

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 09:27:45 AM »

Ahhhhhhhh so that's why I had the feeling of dj-vu... dj-lu.... hmm whatever when I read it, but I checked and there was today's date. But that may mean nothing.

Hmmm I rarely use canned tomatoes, in principle the meat my family eats is grass fed, but OH OH we use microwave popcorn, oh no!! ... infertility?? OK for me but not my kids...
potatoes? I usualy buy at the street market. But sometimes we're so loaded already we leave them to buy at the supermarket. Hmmm never more!
I really never noticed if the salmon i buy is "wild", gotta check that. The food they give to farm salmons is plain disgusting :-(
I'm not sure about the milk, I wish organic wasn't so expensive..
We wash and peel apples usually, sometimes I eat the skin but always well washed.
A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 10:33:40 AM »

sigh

i wonder if its different in the eu??

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 10:48:57 AM »

The potato thing was totally bunk, if I remember correctly during our last discussion we all gave various reasons why its not true.

I think you gotta take everything you read with a grain (or two or twenty) of salt.

The canned tomato thing I think is pretty funny because if its true then almost every single place that uses tomatoes (from restaurants to school cafeterias) are poisoning people, I think canned tomatoes are one of the most commonly consumed food products, at least in the US, and even high scale restaurants use them for cooking (they just buy better quality ones).

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 01:25:35 AM »

Well, at least I hope I and my family can get away with all that, we don't eat those foods everyday. We make microwave popcorn I don't know but like once every two or three months... salmon once a week (and I've checked my favorite brand and it's not wild... it's from the Feroe Isles and it's farmed... I hope they don't feed salmons with hydrolized chicken feathers in Feroe...) I'm more worried about the milk, I'm gonna talk to husband an dsee if we can afford to change to organic (double the price) but I can already hear husband saying what I read is BS and I shouldn't believe everything... yes I better take your advice Goblyn and take it wih some grains of salt (but oh isn't salt dangerous too? :) )

shovelqueen

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 04:31:17 AM »

Pinkmug, I'd do some investigation first before going to organic milk.  From what I understand on this side of the pond (as Falconcy would say), the EU has really tough regulations re food safety.  Your regular milk may be fine with respect to hormones, drugs, etc.

"Strength, balance, joy!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18