Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
voluntarily closing rear passage is easy, clipping is hard

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: voluntarily closing rear passage is easy, clipping is hard  (Read 4804 times)

bleeding

voluntarily closing rear passage is easy, clipping is hard
« on: January 21, 2010, 09:03:50 AM »

Without the nose clips I can voluntarily close the rear of the nasal passages and keep them closed for most of a meal

The problem with this is that once or twice per meal the passage does open & I get the full taste. 

for some reason while I have the nose clips on I cannot keep the rear of the nasal passage where it opens into the throat closed and I can get some liquid and a bit of the food I'm eating in bottom (I guesss the rear/bottom of the sinuses?)

There seems to be a vacuum action that makes it uncomfortable to keep that opening closed with the clips on.

Maybe it just requires some practice -I've done 4 complete meals this way.

The smell of fatty meats lingers a long time, I'm realizing.  I'm still tasting the bacon I ate 30 minutes ago, even though I had 200 g of cottage cheese after the bacon.   Same thing happened with ~250g of lean beef I had last night nose-clipped followed by CC.

bleeding

experience so far (3 days ...)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 04:21:34 PM »

I've been doing the noseclips with cottage cheese and chicken breast for 3 days now, 500 to 700 calories per day noseclipped, and have not noticed much effect.  I'll keep at this technique for at least a month. 

I'm finding a bit of taste in just about everything, noseclipped or not. 

chicken breast - no spices, no salt, microwaved
Cottage cheese - several varieties,  all had some flavour 
near zero fat CC Polish, Lithuanian, local - all had a bit of sourness, some more than others
Coconut oil - check, I tasted a bit of flavour
extra light olive oil - yes, a little

I don't know if it's enough taste to derail the effect

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
Re: voluntarily closing rear passage is easy, clipping is hard
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 05:33:19 AM »

Are you positive that noseclipped food actually has a flavor and you are not just imagining one?  The power of imagination is very strong when it comes to flavor, if you eat something that you know the flavor of very well while noseclipped you often can still "taste" it.  But then when you actually pay attention and think about it, you'll find you really can't!

When I was noseclipping a protein shake every morning I always could "taste" it.  It tasted lovely and chocolatey and delicious to me.  Then one day I decided to have one not noseclipped for a snack and I realized how horrible it tasted, meaning that I was simply imagining the flavor of the shake.

However, one thing I suggest you do is combine "crazy spicing" with noseclipping, you should find that crazy flavoring mixed with your noseclipped food should remove any imagination flavor present.

What I started to do was put a mixture of cinnamon and tumeric in my shake and it totally removed the flavor.  So try it yourself.  I'd go with something that would really not make sense if you were eating it without noseclips, like nutmeg and soy sauce in your cottage cheese.

bleeding

Re: voluntarily closing rear passage is easy, clipping is hard
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 11:49:43 AM »

I'm going to give the straight nosclipping a month to work before trying additions - hopefully, if I'm imagining the tastes a month will be long enough for me to work it out.

Since the food I'm doing is pretty good (I was eating a lot of CC without the noseclips, it helped me with my recent weight loss,  doesn't add any extra calories to my day) I dont' think it will hurt to stick with it for a month.

Are you positive that noseclipped food actually has a flavor and you are not just imagining one?  The power of imagination is very strong when it comes to flavor, if you eat something that you know the flavor of very well while noseclipped you often can still "taste" it.  But then when you actually pay attention and think about it, you'll find you really can't!

When I was noseclipping a protein shake every morning I always could "taste" it.  It tasted lovely and chocolatey and delicious to me.  Then one day I decided to have one not noseclipped for a snack and I realized how horrible it tasted, meaning that I was simply imagining the flavor of the shake.

However, one thing I suggest you do is combine "crazy spicing" with noseclipping, you should find that crazy flavoring mixed with your noseclipped food should remove any imagination flavor present.

What I started to do was put a mixture of cinnamon and tumeric in my shake and it totally removed the flavor.  So try it yourself.  I'd go with something that would really not make sense if you were eating it without noseclips, like nutmeg and soy sauce in your cottage cheese.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18