Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
PEARS REJOICE

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PEARS REJOICE  (Read 4417 times)

Pinkmug

• Lisboa Portugal
PEARS REJOICE
« on: January 13, 2010, 01:15:00 AM »

Oxford University scientists - who have looked at all the evidence on the health effects of storing more fat on the hips, thighs and bum, rather than around the waist - show that having a ‘pear shape’ is not just less bad for you than an ‘apple shape’, but actively protects against diabetes and heart disease.
MORE @

http://www.physorg.com/news182530670.html

A calorie is just a bug that lives in the closet and shrinks your clothes overnight

NuLu

Re: PEARS REJOICE
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 02:39:13 AM »

Very interesting article Pinkmug, thanks for sharing. It reminded me of Darkhorse's thread "...... and love your thighs". Mine are quite large (I am a pear) and I am trying really hard to love them :)

".. but fat around the waist is much more active in storing and releasing fatty acids in response to need throughout the day. Thigh fat is used for much longer term storage"

While losing weight, my waist circumference shrinks first, then after a period of maintenance fats redistribute and my bottom shrinks. Same order while gaining. That is perfectly consistent with the quotation above.

Tandoori Trilobite

• Aspiring gutless wonder
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 03:30:10 AM »

"Does my bum look big in this?" is a no-win question that women sometimes ask -- no-win because there may be no possible answer that is both factually and politically correct.

But some blokes are attracted by a padded backside and thighs on a woman, and some cultures reportedly esteem a generously-sized female derriere.  It makes biological sense, and the article gives a clue why: those features are subconsciously assessed by such men as visual indicators of good health in a potential breeding partner.

If you happen to be a bloke who likes a big bum on a woman, and if your woman asks you if her bum looks big in this, maybe you could answer with something like: "Yes, thankfully -- and I'd like to see you wearing that more often."

:D

falconcy

• Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 04:37:10 AM »

...and there was me thinking it was you in that old aussie advert that asked the same question where the guy replied, "Yeah, but it takes the focus off yer face"  :lol:
A legend in his own lunch hour

nougat

• Malta EU
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 08:53:41 AM »

:lol:

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18