Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
Would like to get rid of irrational hungry pains

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would like to get rid of irrational hungry pains  (Read 6222 times)

westvan23

Would like to get rid of irrational hungry pains
« on: January 12, 2010, 03:30:42 PM »

Hello All:

Was given this book and when I first started reading it I laughed and nearly threw it away.  Drink sugar water to lose weight?  What a joke.  I nearly forgot about it until I decided to search on Google to entertain myself with all the ridicule out there that I was fully expecting.  Interestingly, there was minimal ridicule (most coming from people who hadn't read it) and a lot of support.  I was intrigued and decided to read the book.

A lot of it did make sense and one thing really struck me.  Our level of hunger is certainly way higher than it can be.  Mine is most definitely.  Why must I just continuously eat sometimes?  Many months ago I was in the best shape of my life believe it or not.  I was exercising regularly and eating lots of healthy food.  However, Halloween hit and I've been on a binge all the way through Christmas.  I'd like to get back to that good place, and if it can be done less painfully all the better.

I am 5'8", 175lbs, 24, male.  My initial goal is just to feel less hungry.  I have been trying one tablespoon of ELOO midday and one tablespoon of ELOO before bed for the last three weeks.   I tried canola oil for a bit at the start.  Generally I am eating healthier than I was before New Years as well.  Unfortunately, I feel just as hungry as before.

I actually kind of like the taste of the oil, maybe that is the problem?  If so, I am going to switch to hot water and sugar.  What does everyone recommend.  Is this a good idea, and how much should I take and when?

Thank you.

karky

• Life is Good!
Re: Would like to get rid of irrational hungry pains
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 03:48:39 PM »

Welcome!
There are really only a few rules to remember:
1. your SLD dose should have no flavor
2. you should follow the flavorfree window- 1hour before your dose and 1 hour after you finish your dose
this means nothing goes in your mouth except water during this time, no cough drops, no chapstick, no toothpaste, no gum, etc
3. try to consistently take your dose every day

A good place to start is 2X your weight in flavorless calories
2 X 175 = 350 calories a day to start.  You may need to tweak it some after a while.

1 TBS oil is 120 calories        For you this would be      about 2.91 TBS of oil a day
1 TBS sugar is 45 calories                                         about 7.77 TBS of sugar a day in any amount of water you choose

I would take only enough to feel appetite suppression.

You should not be tasting the oil.   There are different methods to getting it down flavorlessly, including taking it like a shot of liquor, or noseclipping it, etc.

You can take your dose anytime of day you want.
Lost 98.6lbs since 3-17-2007 
Dwelling on the negative only increases it's power

Tandoori Trilobite

• Aspiring gutless wonder
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 06:04:21 PM »

Hi westvan23!

What karky said, but just in case there appears to be any room for leniency: you must not be tasting the oil, full stop.  The notion of sneaking some calories into your body unassociated with your taste senses is the core of SLD.

While you've switched from canola to ELOO, I ended up having to do the opposite, having become sensitive to what taste there is to ELOO, but finding my canola as tasteless as could be imagined.  ELOO is simply the default suggested medium for ingesting untasted calories, but some people find that they obtain a better result with an alternative medium.  Once you find something that works for you, you'll probably do best to stick with it, though.

westvan23

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 08:48:37 PM »

Thank you for the responses karky and Tandoori.

It's so hard to avoid tasting it even when I was doing it like a shot glass.  After a few days I was already looking forward to my dose of oil.  Both Canola and ELOO seemed a lot more favourful to me than what I had thought they would be like while beginning to read the book.

What is your opinion on the sugar water option?

Josh

Tandoori Trilobite

• Aspiring gutless wonder
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 11:20:18 PM »

At the moment, canola is about as weak-tasting to me as anything I could expect to find this side of plain water -- but I still nose-block first, take the oil, and rinse my mouth thoroughly before nose-unblocking.  It sounds as if you are more sensitive than average to the taste of such bland oils, so you will probably have to adopt similar extra measures to guard against tasting the oil.  That's just how it is for some of us.

When you say that you were already looking forward to your daily dose of oil, that suggests to me that you are indeed tasting the oil, and are making the taste-calorie association.  That association is making the oil a pleasant experience for you.  While I wouldn't wish it on you to anticipate your daily dose of oil with a sense of dread or distaste (as some people feel about it), your taste-calorie association with the oil should be weak enough that your feelings about the oil are, at warmest, neutral.

Personally, I've only experimented with sugar water two or three times, and it didn't seem to make much difference to me -- maybe because I didn't persist with it.  But, hey, people are different.  Some people find that sugar water works well for them.  Unless you have specific health reasons not to, why not try it?  The worst that can happen is that you return to the oil.

shovelqueen

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 03:34:07 AM »

It's so hard to avoid tasting it even when I was doing it like a shot glass.  After a few days I was already looking forward to my dose of oil.  Both Canola and ELOO seemed a lot more favourful to me than what I had thought they would be like while beginning to read the book.

I never taste the oil - ever.  I take 2 tbsp canola in a shot glass, suck in and hold a big breath, throw back the canola, swallow it, and reach for my glass of water without breathing.  Drink multiple gulps of the water, last one swishing around a bit, then release breath.  I never get a hint of flavour.  Takes about 10 secs, plus the prep time to open or pour the water and oil.  A minute start to finish. Easy.

Hope this helps.  Like TT says, it's paramount that the oil be flavourlessly delivered.

"Strength, balance, joy!"

multitasker

• Pharmacy Pacific
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2012, 11:44:08 AM »

A faster metabolism is the possible cause. It is usually due to stress and sleepless days over the past days.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18