Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
PBJ's progress Week 5

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PBJ's progress Week 5  (Read 3500 times)

PBJ

PBJ's progress Week 5
« on: June 08, 2006, 10:36:25 AM »

Hello all,

I am in Week 5 now of SLD. I am at a plateau -- cannot seem to get below 138 and it's frustrating!

I've noticed that I eat one meal a day -- lunchtime most days -- and that's about it. Some evenings I'll come home from a late class and snack, but I'm quite sure that at those times, I'm eating because I'm avoiding something else -- like studying or taking care of other responsibilities. Without hunger, it's easier to identify when I am doing "emotional eating." And without hunger, I am allowing myself to indulge in things like a piece of chocolate cake or a few slices of toast, foods I used to avoid because I was unable to eat them in controlled amounts -- I'd just binge on such carb-laden foods.

One thing I'm annoyed with is the plaque I can actually feel sitting on my teeth from the sugar water. So, I am going to start chewing some Trident as soon as the hour is up, since brushing my teeth during class or work isn't an option, and more (plain) water to rinse the teeth would just be too much for the system!

The supermarket remains mysterious. It's become like Cirque-de-Soleil in there! I have trouble filling up my cart, but of course this is a very welcome change. 

Does anyone have suggestions about how to get over (or, rather, Under) the plateau weight I've seem to hit? Should I be doing more Cardio perhaps?

Thanks for any advice and good luck to everyone!

PBJ

Stephen M (Ethesis)

• http://ethesis.blogspot.com/
Re: PBJ's progress Week 5
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 08:32:21 PM »

I don't know.

I now hit plateaus for about two weeks, lose weight for about two weeks, and repeat.  I've been through that 3-4 times now.  One thing that helps is that my waist keeps shrinking.

PBJ

Re: PBJ's progress Week 5 - plateaus
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 05:53:48 AM »

Even during the plateaus, I do not have increased appetite, so that's good news.

I am trying to be patient with myself.

I wonder if the plateau signals that my body is trying to adjust to a new setpoint?

Also, wondering if I should give the oil another try? I've been using SW almost exclusively for the past four weeks.

Thanks for all the advice and support from the SLD community!
PBJ

Stephen M (Ethesis)

Re: PBJ's progress Week 5 - plateaus
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 08:15:00 AM »

Even during the plateaus, I do not have increased appetite, so that's good news.

I am trying to be patient with myself.

I wonder if the plateau signals that my body is trying to adjust to a new setpoint?

Also, wondering if I should give the oil another try? I've been using SW almost exclusively for the past four weeks.

Thanks for all the advice and support from the SLD community!
PBJ

You might want to look at grapeseed, either alone or in combination with canola or eloo.

I'm not sure about the plateaus, but I hit them regularly, over and over again.  Since I keep losing, I'm adjusted to them, but they sure used to bug me when I had only been on the diet for six or seven months and only fifty-sixty pounds.

Now I'm adjusted.  ;)

barleyblair

• Teaching the old dog some new tricks.
Re: PBJ's progress Week 5
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 02:50:33 PM »

"The supermarket remains mysterious. It's become like Cirque-de-Soleil in there!"

Golly, this makes me laugh so much.  I love grocery stores -- grocery stores, hardware stores, fabric stores, book stores.  The Stores of Potential.  Yes, I will learn to make fig focaccia, to disassemble the sink drain, to quilt a Lone Star, to read "Remembrance of Time Past."  Yup.  That's why I'm there, to dream about all the things I could be doing if I weren't in the store dreaming about those things.
xxx, barley blair
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18