Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
How to make Flaxseed Oil flavorless

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to make Flaxseed Oil flavorless  (Read 9115 times)

LesCat

How to make Flaxseed Oil flavorless
« on: December 16, 2009, 03:02:53 PM »

Hello everyone!  I'm a long time reader here, but this is my first post.

I use ELOO and it works fine, but I want to add some flaxseed oil for health benefits. 

My problem is that even nose-clipped, I strongly taste the flaxseed oil.  Even after swishing with salt water, I can taste it.  I wondered if it was just bitter that I was tasting on my tongue, but I don't think I would continue to get "whiffs" of flavor.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Maybe I should take the capsules, but I am worried about the cost.

Thanks! LesCat

nat76

Re: How to make Flaxseed Oil flavorless
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 05:53:58 PM »

Hi,
I plan to switch to flaxseed oil for the same reason...I take canola oil right now and I stir it really well in a half cup of water. It makes an emulsion, and I can't really feel the oil in my mouth. Follow with a big glass of water, it really seems that I took nothing. However, I don't know if it will work for the flaxseed oil. Let me know if you find a way.
Nat76

goblyn

• C'est ne pas une goblyn
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 05:45:17 AM »

If you are worried about flavor, use noseclips while drinking your oil.  I find that noseclips makes taking oil easier, psychologically (kind of like how when you were a kid and had to eat food you didn't like and you'd hold your nose while eating it, even if you didn't totally block the smell, it makes it easier for some reason).

ATK

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 11:02:32 AM »

Hi,
I'm new.  This is day 1 of the diet for me and I started with 2 tbl spoons of flax oil which I drank while holding my nose.  I thought it was fine but I tasted it. In fact, even after drinking a full glass of water my tongue is still slippery and I still kind of taste it.

Will it still work?  Help please, I really need this diet to work.

Thanks

shovelqueen

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 11:16:15 AM »

Hi, ATK.  You could try mixing your flax oil into a small amount of yogurt to reduce the oiliness that is hard to clean out of your mouth with water alone.  Or mix half and half with whipping cream, shake it together and throw it down like a shot, then rinse.  Cottage cheese will work, too, but I always found that the curds would stick in my teeth and I would end up tasting it later. 

"Strength, balance, joy!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18