Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/aleche35/boards.sethroberts.net/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3
a bump inthe road

sethroberts.net forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please read The End Game: Shutting Down the Forums in the "News, Polls, Announcements" subforum

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a bump inthe road  (Read 4270 times)

julienuce

a bump inthe road
« on: June 03, 2006, 06:05:40 PM »

I have had good success so far after almost 4 weeks.  My hunger and cravings have all been under control for at least 15 days, but all of a sudden my hunger is back today with a vengeance!! I am so scared that I will fail with this, so I am looking for advice from those experienced with this. My routine is 2 tbls around 10, and then 1 more around 4. That has given me great results so far (8 pounds), but I have failed for today, and I am worried what this failure will do to my set point. How often does hunger return, and how do I get over this bump? I am so thankful for you awesome and generous people on this site. Thanks!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wmlN6bV/]

[/url]

mamamilk

Re: a bump inthe road
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 11:11:33 PM »

i just wanted to say that the last few days my hunger has returned as well.. i was wondering the same thing - is it temporary or is that it.. another diet failed...  i have  missed my eveing doses two nights in a row because i fell asleep with my baby and didnt get up till morning.. so hopefully that is the reason. good luck to you
young momma to 2 amazing kids. E~ 3 and N~ 6 months..

Ann H

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 11:21:02 PM »

In the 8 or so months I've done this, I've always found that sometimes I would indeed get very hungry or cravings would return. But if I kept up my doses, or increased them if necessary, or changed to a slightly different method, then I could get back on track.

Having said that, I'm "stuck" at 20 pounds lost (still need another 20 or so off), but this seems in my case to clearly be from not consistently following the methods, either out of sloppiness in forgetting doses or often because I needed energy (breastfeeding, have baby and preschooler, and am a consultant) and decided to eat or drink an extra time.

My advice, having done this for many months, would be to keep doing your methods consistently with no change for a few more days, whle paying good attention to eating well enough to meet your nutritional needs and getting enough sleep. Make sure your foods are not too ditto or high-GI: this can counteract the doses. So can alcohol and perhaps a similar-tasting sweetened coffee drink. (I've found the coffee: others found the alcohol.)

If your cravings and serious hunger (not nibblish or routine hunger: that can be ignored) remain, next try increasing your dosage or going on a different oil, fructose, etc.

Good luck and post back and let us know!

Cheers,
Ann H

Jane Ann

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 04:55:39 AM »

That was happening to me with the eloo.  I had the same fear (still do) that it will quit working.

I switched to canola, and it's been much better but it's only been a week.  I am not making much effort to cut out ditto foods, but I'm still losing.  Hoping it continues to work.   :P

I also tend to get hungrier if I don't get enough sleep.

Seena

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 07:06:12 AM »

What did you eat yesterday? I'm hungry today as well, but I know it's the carbs I ate yesterday evening (baguette with smoked salmon and cream chesse, yum yum). Has happened a few times since I started, and always the day after I ate more carbs than usual. My carb intake (read: "cravings") are way down since starting sld, but a piece of lasagna or a sandwich sets my hungries growling.

Seena

Rey

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 07:45:32 AM »

It is also possible that your caloric intake has caught down with your set point. Lets remeber that the basic premise is that the flavorless calories lowere our set point therefore shutting down our appetites. The longer we take flavorless calories, the lower the set point. So if your weight/intake drops below your set point, hunger will return until your set point falls back down below your current weight/intake level. I recommend you keep at it. The hunger will disappear.

julienuce

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 08:31:27 AM »

great answers/suggestions. Thanks! I think Rey is correct in that my intake temporarily dropped below my set point - which I am hoping means I am getting ready for a 'whoosh'. Maybe the diet will cycle like that for me, so the return of hunger can be met with great optimism instead of fear, as it could signal another resetting of the set point to a lower place. Make sense?
It can be scary though, and Ann your words were reassuring. 5 weeks is not really long enough to know the patterns yet, and you have had great success after 8 months, so that is very inspiring  (I know you feel 'stuck' now, and I hope you get some breakthroughs soon.)
Does Seth advocate changing things around a bit like the timing or changing oils, when the hunger returns, or is it best to just keep plugging away as Rey suggests?

[/url]

julienuce

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 08:35:09 AM »

Sleep does make a difference. A huge difference. Somehow I am much weaker and give in to cravings when tired. If I keep busy I can ignore them, but not last night!!! Also, my binge of 1000 extra calories last night did nothing to my weight this am..go figure ( I know I should only weigh in once a week, but I was SOOOOO curious!!) What it may affect as the day goes in is my hunger. I probably will be ravenous again after eating so many carbs yesterday. Thats how carbs kill!

[/url]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18